Notices

Originally Posted by lxp View Post
Thank you for your donation.
I think wire transfer would be a little bit costly for small donations. Do you have other suggestions?
Yes this is a problem for many of us who cannot PayPal.

It points out a big hole in the whole Open-Source arena,
what is needed is an credible market player to
make a trans-national market framework for such kinds of transactions.

The terms PayPal and credible do not belong in the same sentence.

Things like OVI store and all the other stores
are geared toward mass-market developers.

One of the things Nokia seems to be flirting with is SMS banking
which would be ideal for such a thing if it ever happens.

Anyways,
when I get back from the jungle I would hope to make such a donation myself.

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following User Says Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 50 | Thanked: 444 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
Btw, even though i suggested you provide a direct link for downloading it, if you had a bank account on Brazil i could make a deposit, otherwise i don't think i have a way to send money to ya :/
No sorry, I don't have a bank account in Brazil.

Originally Posted by handyspacko View Post
okay one question i got.
if i want to remove some packages programs i have to install the normal osso-wlan but when i do apt-get -f install osso wlan it wont do it.
it says the following packages have unmet dependencies:
mp-fremantle-generic-pr:depends: osslo-wlan(=3.0.20+0m5) but (3.0.20+0m5-1) is to be installed

what can i do
Hmm, I thought you only would run into that problem if you update to another firmware version. Like I have written in the readme, you would have to downgrade osso-wlan first, afterwards you could eventually reinstall the modified osso-wlan.
hawaii's idea is not that bad for personal use, when you know what you do, but it is a little bit too hacky for my taste, so that I wouldn't like to provide such a package.

So the instructions for downgrading would be:

* Download http://repository.maemo.org/pool/mae...+0m5_armel.deb to your MyDocs directory

* Open X Terminal

* Gain root access
$ sudo gainroot

* Downgrade osso-wlan
# cd MyDocs
# dpkg -i osso-wlan_3.0.20+0m5_armel.deb

* Now all should work as usual again

Reinstallation of the modified version works as described in the readme. Moreover as stated in the readme the modified osso-wlan package is not essential, nevertheless it fixes a bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to lxp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lxp View Post
The bleeding-edge wl1251 wifi driver for Maemo Fremantle is now available!

It is based on the upstream bleeding-edge wireless-testing tree and incorporates nearly all features found in the stock wl12xx driver used in Maemo Fremantle, adds some bugfixes and also provides some unique features like packet injection.

More information can be found on my blog.
this my confirmation number 48945019RK345591R, thanks

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Question: Much like normal power kernel, I should be able to make and flash a uboot image with this kernel image, correct? Just install everything as per readme, then extract the zImage of the kernel from the .deb, convert to uImage with mkimage, and append to the uboot image, and flash that as new kernel, correct?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Donations are meant to be optional, yes?

Open source hey?

There's nothing incompatible with open source that he's doing. You get access to the source as well as the binaries, and much like routers running Linux, you can sell/force-donation software that's GPL'ed, so long as you give people the rights that the GPL entitles you to. Which does not include getting it for free. Just being able to see the source code, and modify it, so long as you then let others see your source code and modifications to those you distribute it to.

He's just making you donate before you get it (from him - if anyone else felt like putting it up, they'd be a bit dickish, but not really illegally acting), which, given that this project originally was a service purchased by someone else, for which he was promised a hefty amount of money, it makes sense that lxp would want to recoup that.

He wasn't really under any obligation to release it, and if he hadn't, we'd all still be sitting around either desperately clawing for the NeoPwn2 driver binaries, or hoping for more driver mods from someone else.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
He's just making you donate before you get it (from him - if anyone else felt like putting it up, they'd be a bit dickish, but not really illegally acting), which, given that this project originally was a service purchased by someone else, for which he was promised a hefty amount of money, it makes sense that lxp would want to recoup that.
No. Dickish, but might not be really illegal is a description of lxp and whoever did download from him and did not upload the source to a publicly available place (or at leaset send the source to power kernel maintainer, so he can include it).

If a wlan driver has a cost, how much should the whole power kernel cost? How much should 9 homescreens cost? How much of a community would we have if everyone tried to nickel and dime everyone else?

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Where is the source code?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
I mightve donated if I currently had a job and if I knew what I was "buying"...............

Also, I think I'm the first one who's mentioned this on this thread, so:

I get the following error when running the kernel-power-flasher-....deb part of the install:

Code:
>>> sudoers file: syntax error, line 72 <<<
/etc/sudoers.d/hildon-input-method-configurator.sudoers changes break sudoers
dpkg: error processing kernel-power-flasher (--install):
 subprocess post-installations script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 kernel-power-flasher
The file in the above error, hildon-input-method-configurator.sudoers contains this (I don't know what it's supposed to contain or was to contain before, and in all my time seeing people talk about problems on this forum, I've never seen this kind of bug crop up):
Code:
user ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/hildon-input-method-configurator.bin
user ALL = NOPASSWD: /bin/touch /etc/hildon-input-method.configured
user ALL = NOPASSWD: /bin/rm /etc/hildon-input-method.configured
The feedback dpkg printed out while installing it indicated that the flashing itself went fine. Just this last ending part seems to have triggered an error. I'm hoping someone technically knowledgeable can at least point me in the right direct - I don't mind figuring out problems on my own, but I don't really know where to go right now. (Looking for the post install stuff in the flasher right now, hopefully it will explain something.)

Main question is, are these errors perfectly fine and worth ignoring, or will the N900 be bricked if I reboot? Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to point out what the issue is.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:

Tags
driver, injection, wl1251