Posts: 47 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Scandinavia
a big HAHA!

but still, happy new year 2011 !!!

Yours Truly,
NINTENDO900

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
With pr1.3 this little tech device is working quite nicely, but there are some things that are not for mainstream users. This is bulky geek device, not for everybody.

This phone doesnt do anything cool if youre not total geek. You have to understand what is going on and use terminal to get most of it, but if you are more like android/ios/symbian user, you cannot get that feeling that make this device awesome

If this device suits your purposes, then is much more than phone, its swiss army pocketknife of phones. But if it doesnt, then it is like ... in car terms: 1990's Toyota Corolla w/ 1.3 litre engine in hells highway.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
other than the
- no native support for front camera
- no native mms
- incomplete portrait mode

what is unfinished about this phone? and compare it to the symbian platform that you apparently trust. everyone was told about landscape being the primary mode of use (with promise of portrait later) and same for mms. your post is quite dramatic as if colours dont look good and browser is missing buttons etc. if you look at symbian when maemo5 came out, symbian was very disappointing. still no native html email, no flash, multi tasking hadnt been enhanced etc.

as some have mentioned evolution takes time for a new OS. nokia stopped fulfilling promises on the maemo but explained why. you should have been aware of that (if you bought it after q1 2010). windows 7 is far more incomplete but it will improve over time. i actually think maemo5 (with the updates) is a very complete OS. so much that gingerbread 2.3 still isnt convincing enough to make me switch.

Last edited by afaq; 2010-12-31 at 10:51.