Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by orion88freedom View Post
My only wish is that they increase the RAM and the space available for installing apps.
Anyone hacked the thing to put apps to SD? If not, try dl and install app2sd. It gives a tad more space, not much though.

GPS?

I am jealous, totally jealous on your battery. Mine wont even last 3 - 4 hrs. Forget it. I got a81e. I think I love the Droid X, with HDMI output and HD video recording, but the cost is too deep, $599.00 US. Thanks for the minireview. And glad you enjoy your toy.

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
i bought one of these tabs back in nov for a xmas gift.

it all seems ok. but ill have to send ours back as the speakers seem to have blown. all i can here is very distorted sound. and the thind has not even played anything. it barly gets used for anything other than web browsing.

so im fairly gutted about that.

has anyone had any luck using the 101 as a phone by tethering it to a n900. i cant seem to get mine to even connect.

also. i have had no luck finding the n900 mobile hotspot usin the 101

i may have a play with it today.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ London
There's been another firmware over the Xmas holidays that I received. All it seems to have done is make the archos slightly more bearable in terms of general performance and use. No other noticeable change. But makes it a heck lot more bearable. Battery usage seems to have decreased. Went from 88% to 41% after a good use of WIFI powered browsing for a good 3 or more hours. Does that sound reasonable to you guys?

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Roma, Italia
There's been another firmware over the Xmas holidays that I received. All it seems to have done is make the archos slightly more bearable in terms of general performance and use. No other noticeable change. But makes it a heck lot more bearable. Battery usage seems to have decreased. Went from 88% to 41% after a good use of WIFI powered browsing for a good 3 or more hours. Does that sound reasonable to you guys?
depends alot:
overclocking, screen brightness ... wat pages u were in!... etc

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
http://update.archos.com/8/gen8/chan...droid_gen8.htm

check "about device" and see what the power manager is set to.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hamburg
There is obviously a bug in sleeping-mode which can drain the battery. I've started to disable wlan before sending the device to sleep.

Besides that I can't complain about battery life of my archos 70.