Notices

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by mthmob View Post
This is true. When you switch to joystick/mouse mode, the keyboard keys isen't disabled. This is actuelly the first thing im going to look at right now. It annoys the hell out of me.
That may cause some issues if I understand correctly what you mean. As an example my all-time favourite game, Turrican 2, uses the space bar for the power lines when you use the joystick; don't remember if the game supports a second joystick button.

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by skalogre View Post
That may cause some issues if I understand correctly what you mean. As an example my all-time favourite game, Turrican 2, uses the space bar for the power lines when you use the joystick; don't remember if the game supports a second joystick button.
(EDIT: Turrican 2 does use secondary joystick button for alt.fire)

You are right that turrican 2 uses space to alt fire mode. What you dont know is that space is allready deactivated in joystick and mouse mode. I hope i can re-enable space. and only disable the keys that joystick mouse use. I dont know why only space is deactivated..

The problem is that theres no way to map all the keys of amiga on the n900 so that all games are playable. a good example is pinball games that use right shift. if i where to map right shift to a key so its usable in games i have to remove another key first.. any suggestions? hehe. Of cause i can add it through a modifier.. f.ex sym+Lshift gives Rshift... but its not really playable since you have to click sym key first and then shift.. slow response time and you cant use both shifts at the same time.

Last edited by mthmob; 2011-01-10 at 00:13.

Originally Posted by mthmob View Post
You are right that turrican 2 uses space to alt fire mode. What you dont know is that space is allready deactivated in joystick and mouse mode. I hope i can re-enable space. and only disable the keys that joystick mouse use. I dont know why only space is deactivated..

The problem is that theres no way to map all the keys of amiga on the n900 so that all games are playable. a good example is pinball games that use right shift. if i where to map right shift to a key so its usable in games i have to remove another key first.. any suggestions? hehe. Of cause i can add it through a modifier.. f.ex sym+Lshift gives Rshift... but its not really playable since you have to click sym key first and then shift.. slow response time and you cant use both shifts at the same time.
Although I don't know if these are easy to implement but here goes suggestions anyway for US-layout:

For gamegripper use remap the space key to "screen tap" or one of the volume rocker keys.

For Pinball Dreams usage remap the second shift key to the button next to the backspace. In US keyboard it is colon/semicolon and in Scandic version it is ånström/equal. They are used not so often anywhere in the games, and it is on the "right" side of the keyboard...

You are right about that there is no perfect solution to this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Uae4all compiled with GameGripper support:
I do not deserve any credit What So Ever!!
I'm not a Developer!! i just remapped keys. All credit goes to original authors. (see first post Here)

UPDATED!
Changes:
- Keyboard keys used by joystick/mouse, is now disabled properly on amiga keyboard, in joystick/mouse mode. f.ex. pressing "a" to go left in joystick mode, will Not also press "a" on amiga keyboard anymore.
- i have successfully mapped Right Shift to "," key. This is the key next to backspace. (as suggested by Manatus) You should now be able to enjoy pinball games in keyboard mode. I will add "," in another way later.
- Moved mouse buttons in mouse mode to same keys as joystick buttons in joymode. ("L" and "<-")

Keymapping:

Joystick/mouse:
a = left
w = up
d = right
x = down
l = mouse/joybutton0
<- = mouse/joybutton1

Notes: I made a mistake making two releases earlier,one for US and one for EU, since smoku made UAE automaticly change keyboard to english/us when starting, and automaticly change back to native keyboard, when UAE is not in focus. This means we wont need diffrent releases for diffrent keyboard layouts. I can make one release here that should work for anyone. This also means People who used my scandinavian/eu release, didnt have a working secondary joystick button. This is no longer a problem.

Also, originally i thought turrican 2 needed "space" for alt fire. But it dosent, secondary joystick button works same as space. so turrican 2 is 100% playable with this release.

Debian package: (works for all keyboard types, us and eu
http://www.mediafire.com/?d9wjcxxj5r3bijb

---------------------

Source code (if you wish to compile it your self):
http://www.mediafire.com/?09drc2av5h3yqhu

----------------------

Btw!! If any None gamegripper users wants a release with diffrent keymappings, go ahead and make some suggestions. And ill see what i can do.

Next i will look at fixing menu mappings to also support gamegripper. incl. the return to menu keymapping when ingame.

Any feedback is welcome.

Last edited by mthmob; 2011-01-10 at 04:45.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mthmob For This Useful Post:
Thanks Mthmob, it works well!

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Has anyone ever played Superfrog succesfully on this emulator?

Anyone remember old Superfrog? lol

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Has anyone ever played Superfrog succesfully on this emulator?

Anyone remember old Superfrog? lol
Yeah.. i prettu much only play superfrog on uae4all atm with a gamegripper, this is just as playable as it was on a real amiga

Ok i tested each mode (keyboard/joystick/mouse) in the games cannon fodder, superfrog and pinball dreams.

each game use diffrent controles. cannon fodder with mouse, superfrog with joystick and pinball dreams with keyboard. All worked perfectly and very playable indeed!

Last edited by mthmob; 2011-01-09 at 23:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mthmob For This Useful Post:
Great work woth Pinball Dreams - worsk a treat.

Just two quick questions:

1. I know the option is there for DF1, DF2, etc - but do these work? When you play a game like Wings, you spend the majority of the time disk swapping.

2. Anyone had any luck getting Prem Manager to work? The bottom of the screen is cut off, so you cannot click proceed after you have have choosen your team to manage

Has anyone manage to improve the GUI it's a little small to work with?

handhelds running mame really well, GP2x (mk2), GP2x wiz, JXD s7300

Samsung galaxy note 2 owner and of course mame on that too

ex - Xbox 360 user - here is the reason -

I am back Xboxing again - and here is what i did to correct it -

***UPDATE*** now 47 months on and x-clamp fix has just failed....not a bad run

Originally Posted by FP125 View Post
Great work woth Pinball Dreams - worsk a treat.

Just two quick questions:

1. I know the option is there for DF1, DF2, etc - but do these work? When you play a game like Wings, you spend the majority of the time disk swapping.

2. Anyone had any luck getting Prem Manager to work? The bottom of the screen is cut off, so you cannot click proceed after you have have choosen your team to manage
1. DF0 to DF3 actuelly works. However only DF0-1 is mapped. I have allready mapped DF2 and DF3 now in source, and tested them, they work great. They will be included in next release i make. In current release, when your in the file manager, you can load a disk into DF1 by selecting it and pressing X on keyboard instead of enter like you normally would.

2. Dont know about prem manager. But will see if i can test it later.

@Bazza. Once i'm satisfied with the keymappings and such, i might try and look at making a new gui or maybe just improoving the current one.

Last edited by mthmob; 2011-01-10 at 10:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mthmob For This Useful Post: