Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Need to see gf's pic to give proper advice.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
seriously, i think hes an attention seeker! I don't believe him about whatever he said about the back cover etc etc

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
It would have beeen fun if she had broken the battery and it exploded against her foot/shoe

man.... this thread is still alive?? The PR 1.4 thread seems more fun.

'grabs popcorn'

:P

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Or a high heel wearing cat.
If you have a cat with high heels, you should really consider this:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to simpu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
i found a genuine back cover, I forget where tho sorry. cost me like $25 AUD shipped

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Based on the facts presented on this thread, it would seem intentional damage, unless proven otherwise. Now, ask yourself this, how many times (except when running, or walking backwards), were you able to just jump up before completely stepping onto something? The only times you step on someone's toes is when you backtrack or in a dance. But in almost 99% of the time, and in daylight, you should be able to sense an object before fully engaging the weight of your step.

Consider an alternative perspective - there's another useful thread going on about the N900 durability and shows how much damage the N900 can tolerate.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=51097

Lastly, c'mon guys, let's not get over carried away with our beloved N900 and compare it with a human being - expecially if it's your girlfriend, husband/wife, children. We don't want the other Android, iPhone community to think that the Maemo/N900 community are heartless and senseless people right?

Go kiss and make up. Maybe you could get her to replace your N900 and this time, she'll definitely not step on it unless she intends to replace yet another unit for you. And have a happy new year!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
Based on the facts presented on this thread, it would seem intentional damage, unless proven otherwise. Now, ask yourself this, how many times (except when running, or walking backwards), were you able to just jump up before completely stepping onto something? The only times you step on someone's toes is when you backtrack or in a dance. But in almost 99% of the time, and in daylight, you should be able to sense an object before fully engaging the weight of your step.
What facts, may I ask?

I only see OP mentioned:

1. He thinks it's done intentionally
2. She owns an iPhone 4
3. "I was laying on the carpet playing 360 and my beloved N900 was right beside me. She wanted to sit beside me and stepped on it."
4. "She thinks I neglect her because of the addictiveness of N900. Thats why I thought she must have done it intentionally."

#1, 4 are hardly facts. These are OP's perception, which may stem from his paranoia or (lack of) self confidence.

#3 tells a lot. The gf could've been distracted by the videogame playing, so she wasn't looking at where she's stepping. Or the n900 could've been obstructed by OP's body so she didn't see it coming in, etc.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
#3 tells a lot. The gf could've been distracted by the videogame playing, so she wasn't looking at where she's stepping. Or the n900 could've been obstructed by OP's body so she didn't see it coming in, etc.
Yes #3 tells a lot. Video games are actually boring...unless you are playing it. She should not have been distracted to notice the N900.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Greenville,SC,US,Earth,SolarianSystem,MilkyWayGalaxy
God awful B*tch! Shes obviously cheating on you with Steve Jobs! (How do you think she got the iPhone?)