Active Topics

Originally Posted by funkmunk View Post
Can you be more specific? What is your usage? Are you using a lot of wifi or 3g? If you want to improve battery then change network to GSM from settings if you don't use 3G that much.Also decrease wifi power to 10Mw from the internet connections options in settings.Decrease the screen brightness.I only keep it on 1 bar.
Very little usage. If I let my fully charged N900 sit on the desk for 5 hours and don't even touch it, with nothing running but have it connected to 3G, then the battery will die. Until 2-3 months ago, this was not the case. I would need to recharge daily, but it would make it through most of the day on a single charge even if I made calls, used IM and spent a couple of hours running programs.
My concern over battery life is that I expect it to behave now as it did up to a few months ago.

Download & install tracker cfg from the devel repos and add those extra duplicate files to a no watch directory in tracker so they are not shown in photo list
The duplicates are not duplicate files. They are duplicate iterations of the same files. In other words, a single photo file will appear several times in the list of photos.

You have to activate virtual keyboard from the settings.It does not come up by default.
Obviously, the virtual keyboard is activated. That is why I expect it to appear. It appears after rebooting my phone, but then will eventually stop coming up after a while.

This too has to be activated from the settings menu.

Same with the Auto-caps and text prediction.

A bad battery won't cause all such problems in the software part of the phone.
I wish the bad battery could explain it all... because I'm out of ideas and the future of this phone is looking more grim each day.

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
well ur problems seem a bit different from normal.

What is the available space on ur rootfs?

84.76/227.88 free

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
You can't flash using 64 bit windows. It is stated quite clearly in the wiki, the only information you will ever need regarding flashing.

I suggest you use the power search to search the term 'updating', click the first result and read.

It seems your only issue is user error!
I have flashed using 64-bit windows. Do I win some money?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 532 | Thanked: 949 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Uk for 6months then Thailand
I had much the same problem when I upgraded to 1.3... Never found out the problem " sorry to say* but what I did was use the clear device option!

worked for me! So maybe try that .

regards Qosmio

http://s1031.photobucket.com/albums/y372/q0smio/

N900 x 2 Overclocked at 900 Mhz.
Samsung Galaxy S 2
iPhone 4 (Jailbroken)

The Following User Says Thank You to qosmio For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qosmio View Post
I had much the same problem when I upgraded to 1.3... Never found out the problem " sorry to say* but what I did was use the clear device option!

worked for me! So maybe try that .

regards Qosmio
Did it begin as soon as you upgraded, or happen weeks/months later?

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Did you restore your apps list after reflashing? The problems (or at least some of them) could be the result of a rogue app.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
Did you restore your apps list after reflashing? The problems (or at least some of them) could be the result of a rogue app.
I tested the phone before restoring from backup. Same problems.

**clarification**
I tested by taking photos, trying to type, and by observing the speed of battery drain.

Last edited by olrac; 2011-01-10 at 14:24.

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
try to qosmio said and see what do u get after that....

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Isn't the Fiasco image is the one that should be flashed at first, then the EMMC?