Active Topics

Notices

Hi,

First of all a big grazie for all the work you've already done - it's a great app already. The multiple sets were my most desired feature missing from the original fm radio application.

A few suggestions to improve it further:
- it would be useful to be able to rename stations and/or to use their rds id as the name. it would also be desirable to change the stations' orde within a set
- when doing auto-seek, the software currently misses a number of stations with very good signal. could this be improved?
- when locking the device or switching from one app to another, the sound stops for half a second.any way to avoid that?

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to maemomatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Well so far I noticed 2 bugs:

#1: I can start the application only once, if i try to start it a 2nd time it won't activate BT automatically and I can hear nothing at all. Enabling BT manually doesn't helps. It works fine when I restart the phone, but only once.

#2: Frequencies below 87,5 are shown if you change the region, though its not setting the frequency. So you always hear 87,5MHz but none of the lower frequencies even if the display is saying for example 86,0MHz.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crogge For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Not sure how much works involved in the preposed re-design but a big thumbs up for the suggestions. However the white station buttons are not that pleasing on the eye. Also I would like to see the station frequency to now be shown where the statiion name is at present.

I would also still retain the signal strenght rather than the the "speakers" sign as this app does not play through the speakers at the moment but if it ever did it would be fairly obvious it was playing though the speakers?
White buttons is just only for the example. You can fill it with color.you want. Moreover under the.station you have the frequency. Maybe i'm wrong but i think that when you have the station's name it's the most important. But on my draws it's not a problem because a tap allow you to see. It.

I think signal srenght is less important than a possibility to switch headphones or speakers. Who really want a bargraph for the signal? I think you can know if the reception is good by hearing the sound. One guy on this thread said he like to listen music via speakers. Thanks to my buttons he can switch between the two modes.

Basiclly my illustration is just an adaption of samsung galaxy's tune. I think is the best radio app I ever used.
Sorry for my english. I"m on phone it"s not easy to write

Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
Well so far I noticed 2 bugs:

#1: I can start the application only once, if i try to start it a 2nd time it won't activate BT automatically and I can hear nothing at all. Enabling BT manually doesn't helps. It works fine when I restart the phone, but only once.
Do you use Auto-disconnect? I had the same problem, then I changed my Auto-disconnect BT settings to 120 minutes and it's now sorted.

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
well, i think a layout like this one is doable

it looks pretty cool indeed. however i still prefer a bigger freq instead of bigger station name

and speaker option, if it can be done, should go in the dropdown menu (where settings are), there is no need of a shortcut for that since it's not something you change constantly

The Following User Says Thank You to Harick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gruik View Post
One guy on this thread said he like to listen music via speakers. Thanks to my buttons he can switch between the two modes.
If just adding one button could fix it!
There must be a command to switch to speakers with amixer, till I found out there can't be speakers output.

@ maemomatic: Station names are a bit messy because I have to handle 3sets of those. Ordering saved stations will be possible with next version. Autoseek works, if it misses a station it's because its signal is lower than 1%, and I can't change it, it's at minimal level setting. About the sound stopped, or stuttering when switching app, there is nothing I know to fix it. It happens with FMRadio aswell and I think it's due to the (low) priority Maemo gives to it.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by maemomatic View Post
Do you use Auto-disconnect? I had the same problem, then I changed my Auto-disconnect BT settings to 120 minutes and it's now sorted.
Nope, with fmradio-wide I don't get this issue too. Only QRadio is causing the issue mentioned above.

Have you considered testing a version with QtMobility v1.1 or v1.2? I saw that you're still using 1.0.2. v1.1 was released not too long ago (29 of dec) with v1.2 released yesterday now

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=qtmobility

If I recall correctly, these incremental versions have bugfixes for QtRadio. Although just a tech preview, it might solve some of the problems users are having in this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to jessi3k3 For This Useful Post:
@gionni88
If assigning rds id to saved station names is complicated, at least being able to assign a personalised name linked to a specific frequency in a set would be helpful. For example, if I save 104.4 in London and I can enter manually 'Resonance FM' would be great.

Also, I experienced the bug whereby after using qradio the mic of the phone doesn't work anymore. it's scary, for a bit I thought the mic was broken. i hope it will be fixed in a future update

Hi,
Great app, but sometimes i loose the radio sound. Instead i get the microphone sound in the headset.
If i launch FM Radio i also ear microphone in the headset.
So i must reboot the phone if i want radio sound again.
Thanks.
[EDIT] I think this bug is the same as #1 from crogge

Last edited by guyr; 2011-01-11 at 14:48.