Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Ah, ok, it is not ekiga.net, it's ekiga.org

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Erm, doesn't answer the question... at all.

If it's so bad, why would Nokia support it? Seriously, this whole bad for humanity approach is a bit skewed to how you view things, IMHO. Worse part, if it's so bad, wouldn't supporting a bad for humanity application be much like supporting Stalin?

What Google did is according to the fact they have an open source option that they can make viable via updates, research and ultimately their sheer size and influence. Ekiga isn't really integrated nor do I recall it being terribly useful nor used. It was far behind Gizmo Project, and that was quite behind Skype and AIM.

The decision by Nokia to support Skype was a commercial one. The notion that it's "evil" or whatever is your perspective we don't share - simply because it's closed source doesn't make it evil. If that's the case, then the closed bits of Maemo should have incited a riot.

But it hasn't. And it won't. Being selective on what you like and don't like based upon the only known criteria of it being closed source shouldn't be limited to just 3rd party apps. Nokia is as guilty.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Well, didn't Nokia sell spy hardware and software to the government of Iran, North Korea and similar? Supporting Skype by default is hardly a surprise in light of that.....

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
Well, didn't Nokia sell spy hardware and software to the government of Iran, North Korea and similar? Supporting Skype by default is hardly a surprise in light of that.....
That's a separate division of Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
lack of decent games and flash 10.1

Ekiga.net is the free VOIP account and STUN-server provider.
Ekiga.org is the application for VOIP (Voice- and Video-on-IP).

There also many other compatible SIP/VOIP-providers.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
thats just ******** ....

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
That's Nokia Siemens, which Nokia says is either totally distinct from Nokia or basically identical to Nokia, depending on how it suits Nokia at the moment.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
I've had no luck with SIP on my windows machine. Could you write a tutorial on how to get it to run on N900?

n900 is not a phone, it's a real handheld computer with a phone capability.

Tags
english mf do, you speak it?