Notices

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post

If people don't read/follow instructions, helpful people are less likely to help out.
Eat s**t. I hope you ask for help n no one bothers with you either

Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
Eat s**t. I hope you ask for help n no one bothers with you either
You are wrong, he is right. Despite what you think he is MORE likely to be helped by the people that count because he has the right attitude.

Please refrain from your language.

Benji

The Following User Says Thank You to LondonBenji For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LondonBenji View Post
You are wrong, he is right. Despite what you think he is MORE likely to be helped by the people that count because he has the right attitude.

Please refrain from your language.

Benji
I think you'll find your as useless as he is then. I'm sticking up for someone who asked for help and as usual... search this and read that instead of just being helpful. New memers are going to be scared of coming here for help the way you lot go on. You didn't invent any kind of rules here so if your not willing to be of any assistance.. don't post anything at all. I'll help anyone here in any way i can regardless of what the question is.

Last edited by natedog400; 2010-12-30 at 00:46.

Originally Posted by Duy2anh View Post
Please, can anyone share fMMS setting that actually works with Japanese Softbank?

I tried lots of user agents and server setting but the nearest thing I can come up with is an error message in Japanese about wrong setting. Most common error messages are with newer fMMS version saying cannot download messages.
Try this -

gconftool-2 -s /apps/fmms/useragent --type string "SoftBank/1.0/705NK/NKJ001[/Serial] Series60/3.0 NokiaN73/3.06.50 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1"

アクセスポイント名
mailwebservice.vodafone.ne.jp
ユーザー名
vodafonelive
パスワード
qceffknarlurqgbl

Gateway
vfkkmmsproxy.vodafone.ne.jp
Port number
Server address
http://mms/

The Following User Says Thank You to jimbochou For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jimbochou View Post
Try this -
Tried exactly:

gconftool-2 -s /apps/fmms/useragent --type string "SoftBank/1.0/705NK/NKJ001[/Serial] Series60/3.0 NokiaN73/3.06.50 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1"
Any replacement for the "[/Serial]"?

アクセスポイント名
mailwebservice.vodafone.ne.jp
ユーザー名
vodafonelive
パスワード
qceffknarlurqgbl

Gateway
vfkkmmsproxy.vodafone.ne.jp
Port number
Server address
http://mms/
On fMMS, the above is this equivalent?

Access point name: mailwebservice.vodafone.ne.jp
MMSC: http://mms/
User name: vodafonelive
Password: qceffknarlurqgbl
HTTP Proxy: vfkkmmsproxy.vodafone.ne.jp
Port number: 8080

Result: Unable to retrieve message!
Also, I already tried with this and failed:

Access point name: mailwebservice.softbank.ne.jp
MMSC: http://mms/
User name: softbank
Password: qceffknarlurqgbl
HTTP Proxy: sbmmsproxy.softbank.ne.jp
Port number: 8080

What do I miss?

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by rhastdan View Post
Hi.. Im a new user of n900.. I have a problem with my fmms settings.. I live in Malaysia where the n900 isn't that popular.. So Im using Maxis as my operator.. can anyone help me.. coz the previous reply doesn't seem to work..
rhastdan: Firstly, welcome! You can follow more local issues on this thread [Malaysia N900 owners] http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63917

Now for the fMMS with Maxis.
Settings:
Access point name: unet
MMSC: http://172.16.74.100:10021/mmsc
User name: maxis
Password: wap
HTTP proxy: 202.75.133.49
Port number: 80

Special notes:
# fMMS seems to only works with Maxis data plan. You can get the 100Mb basic package if you are not heavy user.
# If all else fails, you'll need to get Maxis to change your sim card (it happened for my case).
# Take note of the file size. If I'm not mistaken, the max is 300Kb???

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
I think you'll find your as useless as he is then. I'm sticking up for someone who asked for help and as usual... search this and read that instead of just being helpful.
Wait, don't you mean you're sticking up for someone who was falsely claiming that fmms was no longer supported, because the author was to busy to reply to him within a day, and the documentation was several versions out of date? Extechop wasn't asking for help, he was replying to someone else asking for help.

So instead of helping, you're calling me names, after I wrote up a reply noting that the topic (the creation/existance of an APN) does happen still based on fmms settings, and suggested that he search/read the thread to see confirmation of that?

Who's the prick here?

New memers are going to be scared of coming here for help the way you lot go on. You didn't invent any kind of rules here so if your not willing to be of any assistance.. don't post anything at all.
It's people like you that drive people away. You drive away people like me, that are under no obligation to help but still do. Part of helping is correcting false claims by those who don't know what's going on, yet present themselves as if they do.

Would it have been better to let his accusation go completely unanswered? Nobody else answered the question, including you. Should I have simply NOT replied with any info at all? Which is more likely to scare new "memers" off? False information that a key app is no longer supported, or someone saying "no, the answer is Y, you should search the thread for more info about it."

If new members are scared off by the thought of using the search feature in this forum, I say good riddance. There are thousands of posts in just this one thread, yet alone the whole forum. If they can't search and expect "support" for their every question instantly, they're more of a hindrance than help.

I'll help anyone here in any way i can regardless of what the question is.
I can't help but note that you didn't answer him, though you did find the time to insult those that did. Maybe if you spent less time preaching and more time practicing what you preach this forum would be a little better off.

You want to be helpful, show it. Post useful replies to people asking questions instead of bad mouthing people that are actually helping here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Hi I changed IP of http proxy for O2 Germany.
http://wiki.maemo.org/MMS#O2_Germany
The new value 82.113.100.5 did work today.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by frals View Post
"Originally Posted by achusaysblessyou
Does anyone know how to solve this problem, every MMS i get i get like 3+ notifications per message. Also, when i try to view them, the ribbon notification drops down and says "download MMS" and then the ribbon goes away and nothing happens. I'm on Tmo USA btw."

Make sure all settings are correct because in theory it should stop as soon as fMMS manages to send the "I downloaded the message now"-message, which requires correct settings.
I've been seeing this issue with every FMMS version I've installed for the last 6mo or so. I'm also on TMobile USA and I can confirm it's not fixed in the latest version (1.3). For every MMS I receive, I get about 3-4 notifications and 3-4 duplicates in FMMS.

Hello frals,
One or two things I have noticed (anyone else?) which could be worked on in future versions if you get the chance. Using 1.3.0 on PR1.3.

After opening a new message and returning to the view listing the messages, the message is still highlighted as new (i.e. the view does not seem to update)

Also if I delete a message (long press and select delete from main view), the view is not updated and the deleted message is still listed. If I click on the deleted message, it displays "downloading MMS" for a few seconds and remains on the main view (i.e. it does not open the deleted MMS)

Thanks

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python