Notices

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
blah blah blah
why don't we just ask, "how many people use this but won't/can't donate?"
I hope lxp got at least $150 by now. That's only $2 per "thanks" on his first post...

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
what is everyone here talking about?

looks like alot of lawyers here

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil

Yes, we know you anal. Save that for the "other" message boards :P

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
I use OpenOffice/LibreOffice and Gimp
Code:
^--My Point               You-----^
I'm talking about people in general, not your specific usage pattern. I picked an example of software that many people pirate because they claim it's to expensive. I wasn't talking about owning a number, or using alternate software. Either your a total tard, or you're just being a jerk. Either way, it's not worth my time to reply to you.

Anything that can be stored in a computer hard disk can be turned into a number or is already a number.

lol so much moral hand wringing and self justification for your own weakness. Since you are depriving the author of income for his work, at least have the balls to come out and admit it - all this convoluted logic is weak.

For all those "ALL information is free" ppl - here is the bottom line - if NOBODY ever paid for software there will be a LOT less of it around.

Yes FOSS is great stuff and I am an advocate of it - but it is not the end all and be all. For instance, how many blockbuster FOSS popular games are there ? By blockbuster I mean games on the level of COD. Yes there is stuff like Urban Terror - but nothing polished to the level of its commercial equivalents. People have to eat in the end and expecting people to work for free for your benefit is just BS.

It is one thing to be an advocate of FOSS where ppl volunteer their time freely. It is another to deprive or free ride on another person's efforts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
If i had the means, i would be providing more than just my gratitude as reward for making this driver avaiable.

But regardless, there has been no stealing involved.

Last edited by TiagoTiago; 2011-01-29 at 11:01.

i presume we need to revert osso wlan before using the Maemo5 update that is in the package manager?

anyone see any adverse effects after updating while using the power46-wl1?

PS: cant we create a seperate thread for licensing legality and piracy justification/ranting, its really screwing this thread up.

Last edited by mrexcess; 2011-01-31 at 01:45.

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mrexcess View Post
anyone see any adverse effects after updating while using the power46-wl1?
All my camera applications stopped working. Didn't notice anything else though. Camera is pretty important to me though so I reverted back to regular kernel-power.

Tags
driver, injection, wl1251