Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Updates to the actual CSSU or just Apps updates? If you are getting the former I wonder why there has been no fix for the web bookmarks issue?
Both, CSSU updates come through as something like Maemo Service Pack and when i check details it states CSSU repo.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
The "[Council]" thread would become buried in this one. If the key players in the CSSU project don't mind having that other thread starter lost in the middle of this thread, I'll happily merge.
I agree it's annoying having two threads covering exactly the same topic. Ideally, I think the first post in the "[Council]" thread should have linked to this existing discussion thread, and the thread locked.

Are you able to move all the posts from the "[Council]" thread here except for the first post?

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
just remember that every reply to a question that could have been researched by the asker himself with a little bit of time and work is away from something useful, for example writing bug reports, testing patches, ....
[offtopic]
I couldn't agree more with you ossipena but bear in mind TMO search vacuums into nothingness from time to time..... I was searching for the screenshots thread earlier today and had to run through 4 different search strings before I hit it.

Google in this case may be more of your best friend.
[/off topic]

CSSU devs are doing a great job, well happy with the mods and haven't caught any major bugs yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
I disagree with you, sorry.
This may sound harsh, but there is a learning curve in linux, it is steep, it takes time and the will to read, read, read and understand that most of those questions might be asked before, so scroogle it, now.
If you call that brief message "whining," you don't know the meaning of the word.

You can't just say "I disagree with you, sorry" to defend using a completely inappropriate description. Or if you can, I would describe your message as a ham sandwich and if you said it wasn't, I could respond "I disagree with you, sorry". Your message is not a ham sandwich and the brief unrepeated question doesn't constitute whining.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DJRedline View Post
Both, CSSU updates come through as something like Maemo Service Pack and when i check details it states CSSU repo.
I have tried apt-get upgrade as another poster suggested and this has pulled down a number of files from the meamo.org fremantle/ free libizlibray repository, how can you tell if these relate to the CSSU upgrades?

So far I have had no CSSU upgrades via the HAM though, am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with my device, all the other repos seem to work OK as far as I can see.

You have added the repository to your HAM / FAM, right?

Name: Community SSU
URL: http://repository.maemo.org/community-testing/
Distribution: fremantle
Components: free non-free

.....?

The Following User Says Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
You have added the repository to your HAM / FAM, right?

Name: Community SSU
URL: http://repository.maemo.org/community-testing/
Distribution: fremantle
Components: free non-free

.....?
Yes, and the date on the release file for the repository I've downloaded is 20/01/2010 (and I can't find anything more recent from browsing the repository either), so either there's a problem with the repository synchronisation (assuming it's running a distributed setup), or the updates people are seeing aren't coming from the Community SSU.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
I thought it would have fixed it because I didn't have the repo configured but now, having added it, no change, still no updates....

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Yes, and the date on the release file for the repository I've downloaded is 20/01/2010 (and I can't find anything more recent from browsing the repository either), so either there's a problem with the repository synchronisation (assuming it's running a distributed setup), or the updates people are seeing aren't coming from the Community SSU.

Could a CSSU Developer confirm if there have been any actual updates to the CSSU since the initial roll out? As I would of personally thought that if there had been any updates they would of by now have fixed the web brower shortcut etc issues, rather than just worked on minor tweaks?

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
I think you could check that by yourself from the repository
http://repository.maemo.org/community-testing/

No updates since 19-Jan-11.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gusse For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade