Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
With the new update qspot still crashes when searching. But I noticed that the crashing depends on the what is entered to search for. I doesn't crash always, but it does crash when i search for "badu day". Very strange..

Originally Posted by Zekahz View Post
With the new update qspot still crashes when searching. But I noticed that the crashing depends on the what is entered to search for. I doesn't crash always, but it does crash when i search for "badu day". Very strange..
It does indeed seem to be some problem related to searching, I get the same crash when using the search terms you suggested. The problem seem to be with retrieving the artist associated with the some track returned by the search (the same problem also seem to occur if there is a problem retrieving the artist associated with a track that is part of a playlist). It is indeed strange. This will require a fix to the openspotify library.

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by riku2015 View Post
i deleted that list now it works, but when i add it back it not work.. lol
no matter if i copy songs or subscribe, same thing. xD

try add list from user sonymusicfinland and subscribe dancefloorhits (fist list) then try load it on n900 then it segmentation. lol
I tried to add the playlist you mentioned, and QSpot does indeed crash after that. So the problem can be reproduced. The problem seems to be when one of the track that is part of the playlist is loaded, and the artist associated with that particular track cannot be loaded of some reason (same as with the search problem mentioned in a post above). This requires a fix to both the underlying openspotify library and to QSpot. The interesting thing is that this particular (problematic) track is not shown by the official Spotify desktop client at all.

After this latest update, my QSpot crashes on launch (after login, when it tries to display playlists)

/z

Originally Posted by MasterZap View Post
After this latest update, my QSpot crashes on launch (after login, when it tries to display playlists)

/z
If you start qspot from xterminal, does it give you segmentation fault, or some different error message when the crash occurs?

Yet another QSpot update (0.8.1-1) is now available from extras-devel and the project garage page (including an updated libopenspotify version). This version fixes a bug related that could cause QSpot to crash during playlist loading and searching. I just tried the new version, and it loaded all playlists without any problems (also the problematic Dancefloor list by sonymusicfinland mentioned in a post earlier).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Jep new update works great. I don't have the search problem anymore. Great job!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Zekahz For This Useful Post:
great job man!!!!!!!
works perfect....but I installed via terminal....installation via app manager crashes don't know why! Anyway works super nice!!
keep going with the good job, cheers!

The Following User Says Thank You to patemera For This Useful Post:
WORKS! Thanks!!

/Z

The Following User Says Thank You to MasterZap For This Useful Post:
Just wanted to announce that I have now promoted the latest QSpot version 0.8.1-1 to extras-testing; voting for the package is available at http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...qspot/0.8.1-1/ (requires maemo.org login).

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:

Tags
premium account, spotify