Hello guys

I used to own an n900 but got rid of it for various reasons

I posted last year http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59484 that
nokia should either TRULY open source the n900 or use Android

Well it seems now that microsoft simply HAS to get a large market share of the mobile OS or it is in trouble, deep trouble

I *can* really see M$ buying Nokia, esp with falling share price (anyone else see a connection between the M$ Trojan Horse and Share Price)

This is a double win for microsoft, not only has it a acquired a handset manufacturer but equally important is Nokias patent portfolio and this is where it does, in ,my opinion get scary

And if I remember rightly didnt Nokia buy QT ?? If so think Oracle Java Android.....................looks like another fork to join open office etc

bad times for open source lie ahead...........bad news indeed

I get this gut feeling that Nokia will be bought by M$ to attack android

I guess there is ZERO chance that Nokia will GPL the closed binaries now.................

The Following User Says Thank You to Garyc2011 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Dubai
I'm willing to sell my perfectly sound N900 with Nitroid and 8GB card. How much can i get for it?

Never once it showed any hardware issue.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Just found someone twitter, that Elop is one of tens biggest stockholders at Microsoft.

And we wonder why they go WP7

http://www.dailyfinance.com/company/...onal-ownership

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
apparantly the new CEO of nokia is even worse piece of sh*t compared to the old CEO.

these decisions the last year about maemo, and now also meego, is really disguisting...

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamburg, Germany
Dear Elop,

you're such a a**hole:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/12/n...rise-to-intel/

I hope you know that such an arrogant behavior will also hurt you sooner or later! There are rules, even in your business.

The Following User Says Thank You to martinwozenilek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
rest in peace nokia....N900 my last nokia???

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jainkjohn For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by Turbanato|2 View Post
why are people so negative about this? This means nokia will pe putting out the same os's that it originally had + 1 more... it just means they can now target nokia fans who love symbian and maemo, they can target the programmers and android lovers with meego, and they can target window's users + business market with wm7.
i think this is an amazing move, especially since nokia now has access to ms's wallet. And so much money and support has gone into meego that meego will NOT be forgotten. They still need an answer to android, and meego is it.
I absolutely agree with you. Elop did the right thing and I have no doubt that Nokia will use MS for their middle and low end touch phones to safeguard their marketplace they are losing to Android, while developing new top dogs like Meego and its derivatives.

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
I have no doubt that Nokia will use MS for their middle and low end touch phones to safeguard their marketplace they are losing to Android, while developing new top dogs like Meego and its derivatives.
Then you have far more faith in Elop's (and thus, Nokia's) independence from Microsoft than I. Not to be too sarcastic but, uh, good luck with that

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Its my hope. Elop did say that partnership with MS will allow them to differentiate. I think that Elop had to stop the slide in marketshare and he chose the most logical choice. Exchange Symbian for MS while developing new OS

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Its my hope. Elop did say that partnership with MS will allow them to differentiate. I think that Elop had to stop the slide in marketshare and he chose the most logical choice. Exchange Symbian for MS while developing new OS
After viewing the shrinking R&D budgets for OS's and how Symbian disappeared basically... no new OS's will be in Nokia's future unless Microsoft decides on a new OS.

Tags
elop ur a pain, meego sucks