Active Topics

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
uhhh maybe you guys should reset your router settings.
i'm able to use mixed mode on my Linksys WRT310N DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std - build 14896
At least make sure you haven't enabled anything under wireless - advanced that is non standard.

Can you post your Advance Settings as I remember I didn't change any Values there, but want to make sure.

Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
uhhh maybe you guys should reset your router settings.
i'm able to use mixed mode on my Linksys WRT310N DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std - build 14896
At least make sure you haven't enabled anything under wireless - advanced that is non standard.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
well, everything with a setting shows to the right (Default: xxxx)
just make sure it all matches the default
frame burst should be "disable", it's missing that default info

I was first able to connect to my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH running "DD-WRT v24SP2-EU-US (08/19/10) std" fine. After upgrading to the titan kernel I could no longer see the AP. Manually creating a connection to the wifi through the command line, using various tools to scan for the AP failed. Performing a kernel deinstall let me see the AP again, so i removed all saved wifi connections and reinstalled the power titan kernel hoping it only had a problem seeing/connecting to known APs; this didn't prove fruitful.
Then I installed the bleeding edge drivers, and everything works fine once the drivers are loaded using the included load.sh.
Bleeding edge wl1251 wifi drivers worked for me without changing settings on the AP, but I can't see the dd-wrt AP with titan, without bleeding edge

"Upgraded" to the Advanced kernel yesterday. And am now unable to see my network in my N900 as well.

When set to B-only it works.
When set to G-only it works.
When set to any of the mixed variants it won't work.

I am using a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND with Firmware Version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std - build 14896

Another network in my building is using DD-WRT as well. With broadcast SSID enabled and this one won't show up anymore as well.

Is it safe to assume this is a DD-WRT problem and should be fixed by them?

Edit:
After looking at dd-wrt forums and upgrading/changing to build 15962 Mixed mode works like a charm.

Last edited by krystman; 2011-02-16 at 09:24.

Originally Posted by indeo View Post
I was first able to connect to my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH running "DD-WRT v24SP2-EU-US (08/19/10) std" fine. After upgrading to the titan kernel I could no longer see the AP. Manually creating a connection to the wifi through the command line, using various tools to scan for the AP failed. Performing a kernel deinstall let me see the AP again, so i removed all saved wifi connections and reinstalled the power titan kernel hoping it only had a problem seeing/connecting to known APs; this didn't prove fruitful.
Then I installed the bleeding edge drivers, and everything works fine once the drivers are loaded using the included load.sh.
Bleeding edge wl1251 wifi drivers worked for me without changing settings on the AP, but I can't see the dd-wrt AP with titan, without bleeding edge
I am in the exact same situation... I received this for my birthday, and I know it wasn't cheap. I'm not sure what to do.

Do the bleeding edge wifi drivers drain your battery faster? I read somewhere on these forums that they did...

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
Do the bleeding edge wifi drivers drain your battery faster? I read somewhere on these forums that they did...
The I presume you also read that they don't, in the same "somewhere"?

As far as I can tell, only a couple of people ever reported battery drain being higher with bleeding edge wifi drivers. Given how many other people said their battery life was just as fine as before, however, I am inclined to think it's not the driver.

For what it's worth, I'm in the category of "had no problem with bleeding edge drivers". 'course, if you do something stupid like turn on monitor mode and then leave it in monitor mode, yeah, it'll eat battery, but so would a wifi connection with the same amount of traffic, so that's not extra battery drain.

Personally, I don't even bother with the stock wifi driver, and most of the time, I just use the command line to load the bleeding edge one immediately after I boot up my N900, and then use that.

A new build of the power kernel is coming out this weekend that might fix this bug, just wait a few days...

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by GameboyRMH View Post
A new build of the power kernel is coming out this weekend that might fix this bug, just wait a few days...
I do not look forward to the usual extract-image, append-to-uboot, flash-kernel routine that I do, but I'm happy to hear the power kernel is getting updated.

Out of curiosity, where is this mentioned? Also, is there any word on whether or not Titan's including the cfg80211 module? Because if he's doing that, then lxp doesn't have to provide his own kernel images anymore, and can just update drivers if necessary, I believe.

Last comment here:

https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?fu...&group_id=1528

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GameboyRMH For This Useful Post:

Tags
dd-wrt, power kernel