Active Topics

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Debian's package management system is pretty awful compared to pacman for example, but the wiki is pretty good. Hopefully we will have better one in meego

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
The story continues....

I reinstalled the entire environment (QtSDK 1.1 beta under ubuntu). I recompile my project following http://raeda.blog.com/2011/02/19/upl...-from-windows/.

The first attempt failed: the procedure asks to modify the rule files in qtc_packaging\debian_fremantle but this rule files is not taken into account.
Second attempt: I modified the rule file in the appname_build_maemo folder. It is still a failure:
"qmake
Usage: qmake [mode] [options] [files]
....."
Obviously the qmake command is not accepted as described in the different forums I checked.

Any idea???

Additional info: I just check the tar.gz that is created: no .pro no sources or headers files: it cannot work! What am I doing wrong?

Originally Posted by mno@8 View Post
Additional info: I just check the tar.gz that is created: no .pro no sources or headers files: it cannot work! What am I doing wrong?
I spent the day today following the wiki article I referred you to. I have been able to succesfully create a .deb file. There were some gotchas because of how I have my SDK set up.

I am using Nokia Qt SDK 1.0 from here: http://www.forum.nokia.com/Develop/Qt/.

I am using Debian Lenny and Scratchbox. I installed Nokia Qt SDK into scratchbox itself using tips from here: http://blogs.forum.nokia.com/blog/ka...and-scratchbox (specifically the way theoriginalgri did in the comments).

I am using Scratchbox because the N900 simulator there is way fast compared to the Maemo emulator in Qt SDK (which is a pain in the butt to configure).

I am now going to try to get my app into Extras-Devel. It is only a simple Qt command line app so I hope it is easy.

Perhaps you can share your code and perhaps I could see if I can make a package in my dev setup?

As of now, I had no issue compiling and make my code running: my app is working great. I even successful push the first version of that app on extra devel and after on extra-testing. You can find it on garage or extra-testing: wolan - version 0.1.5

What is frustrating me is that I found a bug (one line of code to change) and after and not able to push that app on extra-devel. This might be caused by either the installation of the new QtSDK or by a change in the compilation process on extra-devel.

My latest tests were successful - it loads in extra-dev but:
- the installation is incorrect: I know why but I do not know yet how to correct
- the app does not compile on i386 - without any reason that I could found - one line changes since the version 0.1.5
To my opinion the change is the optify mechanism.

I have no issue to share the code :
0.1.5: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...l/wolan/0.1-5/
0.1.8: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...l/wolan/0.1.8/

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Just seen this thread, but for future reference - use the QtSDK 1.1 beta, it's fairly easy to generate the necessary packages with it, just follow these instructions. No need to muck around in packaging files.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
What is frustrating me is that I found a bug (one line of code to change) and after and not able to push that app on extra-devel. This might be caused by either the installation of the new QtSDK or by a change in the compilation process on extra-devel.
Note that you cannot upload the same version of the package twice - you'll have to bump versions for the autobuilder to accept it.

- the app does not compile on i386 - without any reason that I could found - one line changes since the version 0.1.5
Can we see the error ?

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Just seen this thread, but for future reference - use the QtSDK 1.1 beta, it's fairly easy to generate the necessary packages with it, just follow these instructions. No need to muck around in packaging files.
I followed exactly those instructions. But the source code was not present in the final tar.gz. I did also try by creating a new project using the mobile QT template. This is the one giving me the best results but it is creating a bunch of useless folders at installation time. On top, I do not find this approach very satisfactory: is QT not foreseen to have portable application?

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Can we see the error ?
This error is now corrected. I previously had an error saying that qmake did not know how to make the target for the clean phase. According to some posts, $(MAKE) must be commented out in the clean phase. Some other posts suggest to make like -$(MAKE). To be honest I do not know the difference but it works now.

I still have an error during installation. My postinst script gives an error. This is due to the fact that none of my data files are transfered at the right places. In my previous version this one done in using CP in the rule files but it does not work anymore.

I also found that my application is located in /opt/appname and in /home/opt/appname. The /opt/appname is the one I target. I have no idea about the second one.

I attached my debian folder. Hoping someone will highlight my mistakes :-)
Attached Files
File Type: gz wolan-debian.tar.gz (8.8 KB, 71 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to mno@8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
I also found that my application is located in /opt/appname and in /home/opt/appname. The /opt/appname is the one I target. I have no idea about the second one.
Have a look at what /opt is and you'll be enlightened.