Notices

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Another feedback:

Sometimes, the camera takes the picture only after I release the camera button. Even with full press the camera button, nothing happens.

It's not a major problem, but just confusing when I need to wait for the camera to take the picture or just release the button.

By the way, is there a program to do the background blurring like those professional cameras do?

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by Pigro View Post
I like bless900 but I find it very slow to take a picture - if I half press to focus, then full press to take the shot, I get a delay of about 8-10 seconds while the screen still shows a moving image of the scene I'm snapping before it changes to the clockwise display of thumbnails of the various images being captured.
From the point at which I press the camera button until the captured imaged is displayed fullscreen, the background of the "X" in the top right of the bless900 window gets highlighted light grey.

If I move the camera during the delay to a different scene, the photo eventually taken is of that new scene (so the delay is not due to any active image processing).

2 questions:

a) is the delay I describe normal for bless900
b) would it be substantially reduced if I upgraded to ABC
I had this problem. It was gone when I unninstalled livefocus.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
By the way, is there a program to do the background blurring like those professional cameras do?
Hmm, sorry to intercept your question that is supposed to be answered by Eugene, but such blurring effect is created by controlling the depth-of-field of the lens.

Beside optically, It is also possible to create a background blurring effect digitally with some photo-retouching software like Photoshop. I wondered if any professional camera can perform such complicated task automatically. I'd be grateful to know if you do. ^^

In fact, ABC has such mode, but it's in experimental state (so it works sometimes). It's "Shallow focus" mode. To get good results take photos in good lighting and make sure that the background objects are 3 or more times farther from the camera than the foreground object.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
that is not something that the cameras do, it is purely done by the optics in the front of the camera.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
In fact, ABC has such mode, but it's in experimental state (so it works sometimes). It's "Shallow focus" mode. To get good results take photos in good lighting and make sure that the background objects are 3 or more times farther from the camera than the foreground object.
Hello Eugene: I tried it and there was some blurring effect - but it looked like someone just brush stroked the background a bit. Anyway, it's nice to have that feature! Also, for my second attempt onwards, I kept getting error message; "sorry, There is too little light to compute focus-depth. A standard image will be saved instead".

By the way, I enjoy the application, and am just trying to give feedback. I appreciate your efforts in continuing to support tha app. Keep up the goodwork!

Could this be a bug?

I noticed on several occassions, the first shot is normally without the red/blue speckles. Subsequent shots have high tendencies including the error; "sorry, There is too little light to compute focus-depth. A standard image will be saved instead" especially when you use different features.

Could this be a bug?

I noticed on several occassions, the first shot is normally without the red/blue speckles. Subsequent shots have high tendencies including the error; "sorry, There is too little light to compute focus-depth. A standard image will be saved instead" especially when you use different features.
Probably you are just taking the images in the lighting that is near the minimum for shallow focus.

Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
Probably you are just taking the images in the lighting that is near the minimum for shallow focus.
My experience was based on successive photoshots of the same object, at the same area. Well, it could have been a different perspective, but once we have that error, all subsequent shots will have that error as well.

At first, I thought it could be due to some processing limitation because I could see the picture preview (right side icon) processing. But I also tried letting it finish processing and took more shots which encountered the same error.

Please let me know what information/snapshots will be helpful for your checking and I will try to get them. Thanks again.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
@Eugene.Panich, are you going to announce in this thread when you have a new version, fully working with kernel power? After the problems in hq zooming, I uninstalled ABC and reinstalled BlessN900, so I won't be notified by HAM or Fapman if a new version is available. Thanks a lot.

Tags
bada rox