Notices

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by jacktanner View Post
I love CuteTube. Great app.

One bug report, one feature request. Sorry if these are already known.

Bug: clicking the play video button twice in quick succession (e.g., by accident, before the first frame of the video stream is displayed) actually starts two copies of the video stream. You can hear two copies of the audio stream, one just barely delayed.

RFE: Sometimes I "watch" a music video just to hear the audio track. Would it help with data transmission or playback performance if the UI had a button for audio only?
Encountered this quite frequent myself. Anyway to prompt users "file is already downloading..."?

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Thanks marxian for the teaser pictures!

It looks very promising. Thanks!

But sorry if I ask, do you think it is really a good idea to break with the maemo design guidelines?
Why is the Button for the taskswitcher in the lower left instead of the usual corner?

Yes, grooveshark has this done before. But in my opinion with a very annoying result how you have to relearn every time how to use the application.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
Encountered this quite frequent myself. Anyway to prompt users "file is already downloading..."?
I tried to have the button disabled after being clicked, but for some reason it didn't work. The new version won't have any of these problems (just different ones ).

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Thanks marxian for the teaser pictures!

It looks very promising. Thanks!

But sorry if I ask, do you think it is really a good idea to break with the maemo design guidelines?
Why is the Button for the taskswitcher in the lower left instead of the usual corner?

Yes, grooveshark has this done before. But in my opinion with a very annoying result how you have to relearn every time how to use the application.
The decision was made for aesthetic reasons, but I may change it. I do agree that some things should not deviate from the standard way of functioning.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Just a quick update: The new version is being delayed by the fact that video playback does not work when using Qt Mobility. I have tried the QML video component, and I have also tried building my own player using the appropriate classes from QtMultimediaKit. Audio files work, but not video. So I'm now attempting to build a video player using Phonon. I now have video files playing, but the video frame is not visible inside QML. Hopefully I can get this working with some more work.

In the meantime, I have implemented some changes to the Video Info view, with a nice tab component that switches between 'Info', 'Comments' and 'Related Videos':

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-03-16 at 18:40.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Just a quick update: The new version is being delayed by the fact that video playback does not work when using Qt Mobility.
What if you release current version as a YouTube downloader only and video playback as a future feature?

Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
What if you release current version as a YouTube downloader only and video playback as a future feature?

In the worst-case scenario, I will use the Nokia media player to play videos, but I hate to do this because it is a clunky solution.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
I just installed the version in devels, first time i've updated since the 2nd release. I can't believe how much it's progressed!

The Following User Says Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
Simply love cuteTube for the ease with which I can download.

Needs 3 fixes urgently:

1. Option to resume download of only failed downloads. Presently option to resume downloads, starts the download of even those that were successfully downloaded, already.

2. Store list of downloaded, queued, cancelled downloads, in a local text file, to ensure smooth resumption, if I quit cuteTube, or when cuteTube crashes, when some videos were only partially downloaded.

3. The option to Resume downloads, does not report failure unless the window is reopened.

An enhancement, s'il vous plait:
Option to resize (stretch) / set bitrates, etc. of downloaded video for full screen viewing. Most videos aren't created for N900's 800 x 480 full screen.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Little thinking about buffering stream.

What has always bothered me when watching stream videos for years from web with different kind of players (flash,real,WMP etc.) is that do they have so called adaptive buffer? By this I mean that of course buffer would be first static (average of connection speed , different for wlan and 3g etc.) but after it first hits the wall it starts to correct itself and makes buffer ~20% bigger and so on. Also giving user useful info about this buffer and how it fills and not only showing some trivial loading circle is IMO vital for usage experience. This is just general aloud thinking not specified to this app only

IMO after all only quite small part of population that is able to connect internet is behind high speed internet connection.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube