Active Topics

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Everynow and then, i see a little yelllow ant crawlling across the screen; often while in bed after having been messing around with the N900 for more than one hour (my desktop machine is fried, have been doing all my computing with my N900, no point in staying sitted), most of the times the charger is plugged (the wallsocket is near and the battery doesn't last ****) so they might be crawling up the wire...i'm really hoping there isn't an anthill growing inside my device, unlikelly but not unheard off (i've seen keyboards and even whole pc cases turned into anthills)

Are my fingerprints sweet tasting? Do the ants fancy my hand sweat? Is somthing from the device itself attracting them?

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
i guess thay don't like an apple sweat=)

lol i thought you were joking but after reading this http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9002228AAoyiAd seems like its a problem for many people.

hope you can get rid of them sounds really creepy

This is a new phenomenon for me, I must say.

I just entered a quick search for "ant attracted to electric field" and learned that certain types of Ants are in fact attracted to electric fields.

Two pages that were of particular interest are...

http://www.jstor.org/pss/25085325

http://www.extension.org/pages/30057...ical-utilities

Ok these papers refer to tests and observasions that have been conducted with a much greater voltage than a mobile phone, so this has left me wondering... What are your OC settings?

have u been surfing too much p0rn with your n900?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by droll View Post
have u been surfing too much p0rn with your n900?
that would cause stickiness without the sweetness...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
My dwelling sometimes seems like Ant Central, but I have never noticed these creatures to be inordinately fond of my tablets. I have sometimes observed them to use electric wires as makeshift pathways. I rarely plug my tablets in, since I use an external battery charger, and I spend a huge proportion of my day holding my N900 in my hand, where only a few of the most intrepid insect travelers can find it. So they stay away.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Oh, wow, it's worse than i expected, i thought it was just a matter of the geometry and heat, but they actually go crazy with electric shocks and even like to eat parts of some components?! Damn!!

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
'cos they wanna check their facebook and cant use a capacitive screen?

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
Everynow and then, i see a little yelllow ant crawlling across the screen; often while in bed after having been messing around with the N900 for more than one hour (my desktop machine is fried, have been doing all my computing with my N900, no point in staying sitted), most of the times the charger is plugged (the wallsocket is near and the battery doesn't last ****) so they might be crawling up the wire...i'm really hoping there isn't an anthill growing inside my device, unlikelly but not unheard off (i've seen keyboards and even whole pc cases turned into anthills)

Are my fingerprints sweet tasting? Do the ants fancy my hand sweat? Is somthing from the device itself attracting them?
If you see one ant then probably there are nests of ants in your house. Try to seek professional help for deinsectization. You want to keep them under control asap as they would damage circuits of some electronic devices.

Tags
insects