Active Topics

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Malaysia
Hi There,

Here I wanted to share with everyone, about the high capacity battery (RedHot) - Tested and Approved

Few days ago I bought a new battery because currently I'm having issue after few hours of browsing with multitask about 9 active apps
plus wifi too long, my n900 easily runs out of battery.

after switch to these new battery It works like wonder, I can suft whole days with movie download over 1gb and its still alive. Consider its quite amazing.

So no more worries. Below is the data capture using BatteryGraph application. you can see how big different from your current stat battery.

The Battery :

Malaysian Market
Cost: RM45-65 / USD 15-21
- I guess its quite cheap and affordable
- It dont have the, what you call it normally high capacity battery the extension which will make your n900 like dog throwing stone
coz it has the same size as BL-5J

But im not selling it, I bought down my apartment, if you think wanted to waste some money maybe i can deliver it to you. im oso not sure how much will it cost.

Well good day...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to izzuddinmeister For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
How can it pack more juice without being bigger? Did it do away with the protective wrapping or somthing?

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
I think this is a BS scam !

The Following User Says Thank You to louiegoat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
it says 1320mAh which is the same as stock, battery graph almost looks altered????

this battery does not look interesting enough to get my attention, and when battery's are concerned im apparently the go to guy

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Nono I'm not asking you all to buy it, It just I want to share coz to prove that my n900 can really last for few days.

And I'm not selling it either.

I hope you all don't misunderstand what I'm trying to share. It just information and it wouldn't harm anybody.

PS: Maybe I'm a Graphic Designer + Web Developer but I don't do anything to scam, coz I'm using my own online ID.

I'm just disappointed coz I'm sharing information and not pushing people to buy any kind product.

by end of day, it all up to you guys to judge. So thank you.

or maybe i should post to youtube rather here. Coz linux user they test before they make conclusion. So thank you.

Last edited by izzuddinmeister; 2011-03-23 at 08:06.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Hmm. In your position I would first monitor battery depletion in idle state to check that there is no runaway processes. Power search for tens of threads about battery issues. Mostly those are about some testing/devel stuff installed and user who doesn´t understand what they are doing.

The case you are describing "downloading 1Gb of movie and surfing all day" sounds just weird. NONE of current hand held devices manage to do that. Your usage case is pure extreme, but gives nice scientific stuff to power users of TMO.

And after all Screen brightness is the biggest consumer of energy.

But good thing that new battery gives you longer runtime. Please remember that wear level of batteries in handheld devices kicks in quite quickly when you charge it daily. Or was you battery like that from day 1 after PR1.3?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Well why not send one to me in NZ, I'll test it and let you know.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Well why not send one to me in NZ, I'll test it and let you know.
And there was me thinking I was the only n900 owner in NZ (brought it with me when I moved here)...

can't really tell much when your graph is at a zoom of 3.5

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Hmm. In your position I would first monitor battery depletion in idle state to check that there is no runaway processes. Power search for tens of threads about battery issues. Mostly those are about some testing/devel stuff installed and user who doesn´t understand what they are doing.

The case you are describing "downloading 1Gb of movie and surfing all day" sounds just weird. NONE of current hand held devices manage to do that. Your usage case is pure extreme, but gives nice scientific stuff to power users of TMO.

And after all Screen brightness is the biggest consumer of energy.

But good thing that new battery gives you longer runtime. Please remember that wear level of batteries in handheld devices kicks in quite quickly when you charge it daily. Or was you battery like that from day 1 after PR1.3?
Thanks for the comment, Tomorrow I will do full testing. the checklist will be:

1. test in idle mode and list out all processes taking place during testing using corky and htop, begin and before batery flatting down.

2. test non-idle mode and download 2 movies , size would be around 1400Mb as well as listing-down the processes

3. test in multitasks environment approx. 9 apps running and see how long will it last.

4. test in current firmware PR1.3

Anything else should I add-up ? any other programs should I test as well ?