Posts: 47 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Bombay, India
sudenly from yestrday ovi store asking me for update my n900, can sum1 tel me is it any new update avlbl ???? or somr other problem ?

Working fine for me, what firmware are you running?

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
are you using microB?

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Samnan,Sharjah,U.A.E.
probably u hav installed Hide User Agent app...just disable it if installed frm settings

I assume this is when you access the store with an internet browser, not App Manager? The normal cause is ovi not detecting the correct user agent (browser) string.
To reslove this: if you have "Hide User Agent" installed, remove it. If you don't, look up what to insert as the UA string for microB - "Firefox/3.5 Maemo Browser 1.7.4.8 RX-51 N900". This has to be the UA string if you want to download dirctly from Ovi to your N900 with microB.

Another possibility is you need to upgrade your OS - what is the output when you press +#0000# in the phone key-pad?

my version v20.2010.36-2.002

i try to update maemo 5 community ssu package, is it bcoz of dat ??? even i hav hide user agent installed much before, evn i tried settg default user agent but ovi store still showing to update ????

As far as Ovi is concerned, the CSSU is the same as PR1.3. You should be worried if your version number ends in -2.002, as opposed to -2. What is the exact output from Settings > About product? I'm only talking about the first 3 lines of bold text.

If that does in fact look exactly the same as the number for PR1.3 on the firmware page (you might need to enter you IMEI number), then try this...

1. Remove Hide UA by purging dpkg.
2. Open any web page, google say, and in non-full-screen mode tap the bar at the top then select Options > Clear private data. You can't do it from the bookmark screen.
3. Go to store dot ovi dot com.
4. Report back on these things:
What happens?
What browser are you using?
What exactly is the error message?

Last edited by demolition; 2011-04-21 at 19:13.