Active Topics

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 253 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Just tried it out, looks nicer but some things I'd think would be good changes:
Shift state of pause button to a play icon so you know whether the song is paused or not
The wrench icon does not do anything(perhaps it's for settings?)
Also the playlist icon does nothing(also, a different icon would be better IMO, looks more like a book than a playlist)
And showing "Now Playing: <artist> - <title>" in small(maybe 8 or 9 pixels) text on the top along with the % buffered would be awesome
And maybe sorting of song and artist columns(showing album would be good to)
Also resize the little bar on the bottom, it takes up more space than the button uses = less space for playlists
And enter does not work to search anymore
And maybe you can do it like this: If you press enter to search it will jump to the first entry so you can navigate using the keyboard and press enter to play?

EDIT: Oh and log on support would be great, but I guess you may be already working on that part?

Nice work by the way, very appreciated.

EDIT2: The [X] to the left of the search box should be moved to the far right too, IMO
Yes some of the features are being worked on. I placed the X to the left to prevent users from accidentally closing the application while trying to search for a song. I am going to have something like a center widget that will display the current song and the next one with album art. Also there will be a settings dialog to set things like setting minimum buffer time and limit downloaded songs in advance, also an option to specify orientation.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2010 @ In Your Greenhouse
I just updated too and i must say it looks so much better, very nice UI.. Obviously it still needs quite a bit of work and there are some problems but they have all been stated already, hopefully the next update wont be too far away.. keep it up..

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I'm having some problems here. It initializes OK. I put in a song and hit search and it justy stays on "searching" forever!

Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
I'm having some problems here. It initializes OK. I put in a song and hit search and it justy stays on "searching" forever!
Because grooveshark sometimes goes down and performs maintenance my program can sometimes suffer. If it isn't down for you on the flash site try searching again if the search takes too long (it could be your session has expired and you need a new one)

The Following User Says Thank You to Dotblank For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Actually, it works thru ATT GPRS, but not thru my WiFi and cable modem? Any idea why it would be possibly suseptable to firewalling maybe?

EDIT: Hmmm, once it started working on ATT, it then start4ed working on my Wifi, N/M.

Last edited by les_garten; 2010-07-23 at 02:11.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Dotblank View Post
I just made the source build-able for linux desktop again. Are you able to use this application on the desktop
working on my desktop. But not on my n900. Worked two days after your first release. But not since grooveshark updated their servers.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
working on my desktop. But not on my n900. Worked two days after your first release. But not since grooveshark updated their servers.
Which version on desktop? my desktop build or groove-shark's website?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
everything working on my desktop. But the both listen.grooveshark.com and groove don't working in my n900. still getting and "uh-uh..."- error message when using n900 on listen.grooveshark.com. tried with wifi and 3G still the same issue. mu n900 is banned on sw level

EDIT: I just get it working in the browser but not in gorrove. If i hus and url like this its working: http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/sear...gs/?query=best

It seems that there is something wrong when connecting to the servers.

Last edited by Dave999; 2010-07-25 at 15:40.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Czech Republic
Your app looks great, but doesn´t work for me. Init is ok, i searched some song, but I don´t play any song.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Tokyo, Japan
Originally Posted by Figa View Post
Your app looks great, but doesn´t work for me. Init is ok, i searched some song, but I don´t play any song.
I had the same problem at the beginning, but then realized that I used the "silent" profile. It should work as soon as you use the normal profile.