Notices

hey all you guys are in the USA? i really want pandora but im not in the states ..
can some one tell me the workaround ?(sorry for not reading the entire post.)

The Following User Says Thank You to mangal_sk8erboy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mangal_sk8erboy View Post
hey all you guys are in the USA? i really want pandora but im not in the states ..
can some one tell me the workaround ?(sorry for not reading the entire post.)
Currently pianobar is the only pandora that has proxy support. I don't know how to set it up properly, however.

Sorry man, but currently US only because of Pandora's restrictions .
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Any chance...for...a Diablo version?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Any chance...for...a Diablo version?
The problem with Diablo was the dependencies when I tried it. It didn't have the proper gstreamer python bindings.

I was planning on taking a closer look but I haven't done much with pyRadio is a while now. Been a little busy.

I do plan on it, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
Can I put in a feature request for pyRadio? I use a bluetooth headset with my n900 for listening to music and it has play/pause and track forward buttons on it. Anyway it could be made possible for these buttons to work with pyRadio?

Regards,
~Jeff

The Following User Says Thank You to Jef91 For This Useful Post:
Hey Jeff,

That was actually requested before, and while I am 100% it is possible to do (all it should take is monitoring key-presses and wait for the right signal) - I do not own any bluetooth headsets of any kind, with buttons or not, and so therefore have no real way to test or even know what to listen for/expect and code it into pyRadio.

The other thing that would concern me is whether every bluetooth headphone that sends those keys actually send the same signal to the phone.. or would I need to add every possible bluetooth devices specific signals to the app?

Now, if there's a developer out there with that (or any) bluetooth device and can provide me an example of it working in python (or even finding one on google from someone else.. I'll look as well) - then I'd be happy to. But without the device itself I really can't do much without seeing working code that already knows the signals required for start/stop/pause/etc from a BT headset.

ETA: Also an update.. I really want to get an update out to you guys this weekend but it's been a while since I delved into the code. I would actually like to get MAFW working but I'm not sure I'll have time for that (or if it's possible.. I'm still not sure how to get MAFW to stream from a URL). Hopefully I'll have something.. even if it's just some fixes to portrait mode so that it isn't quite as buggy.

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-08-06 at 15:04.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
I'd like to put in another request for a version of pyRadio for the n8x0. I just started using pianobar, and I quite like it, but I'd rather have a GUI, and pyRadio looks very nice.

Pretty please?

Heck, I might even donate!

What gstreamer bindings do you need, and which packages do you need? I don't have a development environment set up, but I could look at libraries, if you gave me a place to start.

The Following User Says Thank You to parejkoj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by parejkoj View Post
I'd like to put in another request for a version of pyRadio for the n8x0. I just started using pianobar, and I quite like it, but I'd rather have a GUI, and pyRadio looks very nice.

Pretty please?

Heck, I might even donate!

What gstreamer bindings do you need, and which packages do you need? I don't have a development environment set up, but I could look at libraries, if you gave me a place to start.
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...10.14-2maemo5/

The package in Diablo is first called: python2.5-gstreamer, not gst, and when I tried it it didn't support the "playbin2" gst element that I use, even though they both say 0.10.

I needed the playbin2 because regular playbin wouldn't play from a URL when I was trying it.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
The other thing that would concern me is whether every bluetooth headphone that sends those keys actually send the same signal to the phone.. or would I need to add every possible bluetooth devices specific signals to the app?
They must be fairly standard for the default media player to be able to tie them all in. I'll look around and see what I can find - I have some python experience, so maybe after I finish school is another week I'll try to whip something up for you

Cheers,
~Jeff

The Following User Says Thank You to Jef91 For This Useful Post:
Well I did some work and actually got it working through MAFW using the code from MediaBox!

There's a rather curious problem though that it only works once.. when I close pyRadio and try to reopen it it just Segfaults. Sometimes running the default Media Player and then pyRadio will fix it.. other times changing from wireless to 3G works.. but other than that it just repeatedly segfaults for a while then just works again after a break.

Troubleshooting segfaults is a *****. Wish it would give me an error .

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio