Active Topics

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
rinkin: try noatime,rw instead.
That is. Thank you very much.

I installed the bootmenu and it gave me 2 options (one to boot from Flash and one to turn off the device).

Now I gotta figure out how to clone my OS. I don't know **** about Linux and I was getting errors on the other instructions when trying to install the boot menu and/or format the memory card so now that I have a boot menu maybe I can figure out the rest.

I might try to install KDE on another memory card. I'll post if it works using your Deblet installer.

Originally Posted by Wzrd View Post
I installed the bootmenu and it gave me 2 options (one to boot from Flash and one to turn off the device).

Same issue , any solution?

Originally Posted by borghal View Post
On a different note: How do I mount my other partitions on my sd-cards? They show up in nautilus by names (Kingston) but I can't mount them:

I don't know if anyone answered this acceptably but it happened to me in LXDE and I found the fix.

Code:
usermod -aG plugdev user
usermod -aG powerdev user
Some other good groups to be in are audio, and video.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Wzrd View Post
It's because OS cloner scripts currently don't support this alpha bootmenu thing You need to write a .item file in /etc/bootmenu.d that contains it (this thread contains hints), and refresh_bootmenu.d

In the ideal world the OS cloner scripts would have written this item for you already
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Deblet installer 1.2-8 out - now checks if the internet is up and asks you to connect in icd - thanks to qwerty12
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Deblet won't finish booting:

I installed the latest Deblet installer, and from what I can tell, everything installed fine: n810, diablo, internal 2gb, 128 swap partition, ext3, gnome. Deblet begins to boot, but hangs at the very end (just before the blue bar reaches the right side). I'm fairly new to linux, and attempted to search the forums. I also couldn't find a log file (if there is one). Thanks in advance.

Last edited by doctorbri; 2008-09-16 at 02:13. Reason: diablo

Originally Posted by doctorbri View Post
Deblet begins to boot, but hangs at the very end (just before the blue bar reaches the right side). .
Yeah, ran into that same problem earlier - I'm making a major overhaul of the way the system is run right now and I hope this will fix it (and allow for a framebuffer console to be activated to show what goes on through the rescue menu - prototyped at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h24f2YjzWBE )

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
I'm making a major overhaul of the way the system is run
Looking forward to it. Thanks stskeeps.

I have a web browser problem. when I try to execute web browser it gives me the following error.

Failed to execute default Web browser. Input/output error.

Tags
debian, deblet, deblet bootmenu installer