hi there ive got a bluetooth headset kit where i can use as headphones and listen to my music, music quality is great, never disconnects even when wifi is on, call quality is really good aswell from both ends, only problem i have is thet when i use it with my 5800 im able to use the button on the blueooth headphones to change track and change volume, however now on the n900 im only able to change the volume thru but im unable to change the track so i have to take out my phone from my pocket and change the track, is there anything i can do to solve this?

regards

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I use the BH-503, and all the controls seem to work fine - as long as the media player is open on the screen. If you are doing something else with the N900 topmost, I guess the commands from the headset do not get properly routed to the media player application.

So what I do is always leave the media player window open on the screen, then use the sideswitch to turn the screen off and stow away the N900. Now the media player obeys any command from the heasdset perfectly.

Should I be doing something else like browsing the web simultaneously, I would control the media player by first opening it on the screen and then using either the screen controls or the headset ones.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kalx2e For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
my ear piece still not working like it does on my N95. the sound quality is better with the latest firmware but still very bad. It's not clear to listen at all. They obviously hadn't fixed this just yet. Nokia used to be compatible with everything out there. Now there is another story.

Hi,

I can confirm that bluetooth stack is full of bugs.

If I boot my phone and after boot I make phonecalls with bluetooth headset Jabra BT-2020 after two or after randomly phonecalls cutting of connection to headset. Sometimes you can hear anything and sometimes it helps if you connect back to phone and back to headset. It helps sometimes that you boot(power off) and again two, three, four phone calls are ok and again headset connection is gone off.

Bluetooth is not working att all in N900 and I have newest software update used in N900

Bluetooth is working like heaven in iPhone. Newer ever any problems or broken connections between phone and same headsets used. Please fix bluetooth bugs in N900.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by kalx2e View Post
I use the BH-503, and all the controls seem to work fine - as long as the media player is open on the screen.

I also use the BH-503, and agree to above however Skype over the HS is far from perfect. the listening volume is VERY low and the voice/mic sound sounds like I have a "pillow over my mouth".

I have horrendous issues with this phone and several headsets. My plantronics Voyager 520 randomly disconnects and most of the time I can hear the caller but they can't hear me. The only way to get it reconnected is to reboot the handset. I tried a cheaper plantronics explorer 360 which exhibited the same issues.
My E71 had similar issues with the 520, but nowhere near as bad as this. I then tried a Motorola H12 which seems to maintain a steady connection to the handset but has horrible sound quality (loud as hell and cuts in and out constantly).

ANYCOM BSH-100

Basic functions work fairly well. Not found any crackles etc. However there are two reall issues...

1. Skipping tracks is done by holding down the volume up or volume down buttons on the headset. Unfortunately when I do this the media player skips all 600 tracks Ive got before I can let go of the button.

2. The first sound transmitted seems to be at 200% maximum volume. This is quite annoying and actually hurts!

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I now have a BlueAnt Q1.

Works EXCELLENT with the N900 except for one issue. The batt on the headset won't standby more than about 24 hours. Other than that, it is clear as crystal.

Went through three Jawbones and they were all terrible, with the N900. They work perfectly with every other phone out there.

If they(NOKIA) ever fix the BT problems, I would Love to go back to the Jawbones.

i cant even pair a jawbone on the N900 it just freezes the phone cant even minimize or end task the paring screen. gotta switch off and restart the device. jawbone works great on my iphone and is a great bit of kit to use while driving.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by Mas Termind View Post
i cant even pair a jawbone on the N900 it just freezes the phone cant even minimize or end task the paring screen. gotta switch off and restart the device. jawbone works great on my iphone and is a great bit of kit to use while driving.
I'll help you with this one. Please report back your impressions.

When you do the pairing, you get locked in a loop where you can't exit and it says the pairing failed. You reboot the phone by pulling the battery. Then when the phone starts the earpiece will be paired. You will also run into a first use issue where you can't hear anything thru the earpiece. Start and stop the BT service. It will straighten up and work, well sort of. Then you get to experience the choppiness and static, stuttering, etc.

Which Jawbone are you trying?