Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
I think they made a lot of people happy. Sure... not their customers or employees, maybe stakeholders too, but their competition. I think a lot of us will change to Android or WebOS.
Personally I'm leaning to the WebOS side, but will wait if any manufacturer, other then Nokia, will release MeeGo pocket-able devices.
I'm also wandering is there any point in developing in Qt. Sure it's open source, but it's still under Nokia's domain, and with the new direction question is how much resources will they give it. I'm hopping Intel will create a fork for it, and continue it development on the current path.

So, any quesses, who'll grab Qt?
Unless MS negotiated a deal to wither it away too.

Originally Posted by videohese View Post
ohmy. you guys are some dramaqueens. go put your middlefingers up in yer asses. this is not a "big thing" as it seems from your pity eyes. cheer up and wank with your n900. thats what i do. i love my nintendo900. Best phone in the world. period.
Thats the spirit!! Maybe this really isn't a bad thing. It is a partnership, it is not like MS bought Nokia. This does worries me about what may happens to Qt and Maemo, but any effects to this two "things" may take time to happen.

The Following User Says Thank You to petermlm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted by sula View Post
F**k! I was defending Nokia just a week ago, pointing fingers at the shills and astroturfers for all the bad rep in this forum, but seriously!
suicide by Microsoft!! come on! well , I will be very careful with my N900 and make it last for as long as possible, now it will probably be years until someone delivers a hw/sw combo that beats it.
That's because we weren't shills and astroturfers, but posters who had a grip on reality and considered the BBC, CNN and WSJ confirming a memo as real meant it was real. For this you insulted some of us. "I will be very careful with my N900" - perhaps you should learn to be more careful with your words, You use your same insulting terms in this post and there's not even a hint of apology.

Just been posted on engadget: "Exclusive: Nokia's Windows Phone 7 concept revealed!"

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/11/e...cept-revealed/

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2011-02-11 at 22:12.

Originally Posted by alcalde View Post
That's because we weren't shills and astroturfers, but posters who had a grip on reality and considered the BBC, CNN and WSJ confirming a memo as real meant it was real. For this you insulted some of us. "I will be very careful with my N900" - perhaps you should learn to be more careful with your words, You use your same insulting terms in this post and there's not even a hint of apology.
To be fair, many of us didn't expect that Nokia would give itself a gut wound and bleed out slowly like this. It was bloody obvious that the only way to get back to greatness would have to come from inside the company. Any deal like this is basically a slow death. It is certainly a death to just about everything Nokia stood for and a big finger to its customer base.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheLongshot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Just been posted on engadget: "Exclusive: Nokia's Windows Phone 7 concept revealed!"

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/11/e...cept-revealed/
I love the comments - everyone raving how great it is without knowing anything about hardware. It's a standard WP7 with 'nokia' written on it, big deal.
I would consider this if Nokia take advantage of MS's offer to customise the design, that would offer something tasty over the competition and give Nokia its own identity. If they stick to the standard tiles, i'll give it a miss.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Maybe it's just me, but WP7 has to be the ugliest smartphone UI in existence. It insults my intelligence.
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
Maybe it's just me, but WP7 has to be the ugliest smartphone UI in existence. It insults my intelligence.
No, it's the second worst. iPhone has that title for sure - a grid of shortcuts. At least WP7 has updating widgets

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dallas, TX
Second this.

Though I feel frustrated for the slow progress of Meego, I hate Windows much more! It's just UGLY and no-smart.

Anyway, Meego is a bright idea with pooooor implementation. Intel is not a software/OS oriented company at all....

The customer support for N900 will be even worse since today.....

Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post

The Following User Says Thank You to nightwings For This Useful Post:

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org