Originally Posted by rm53 View Post
Leaving connection manual is so much better if there is no power outlet in reach.
This has been true with the previous devices.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

has anyone campered these graphs from battery-eye to those of batterygraph? it seems to give a flatter line after chargin but before use

Has there been resolution or a fix to the wifi bug? I had my n900 plugged in overnight, within 1-2 hours after I woke up I was down to 40% battery. The back of the phone was also very hot, which someone said related to the wifi bug. Anyone? I don't want this to happen, luckily I don't work today, if I did I'd be very mad.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by yukoncornelius View Post
Has there been resolution or a fix to the wifi bug? I had my n900 plugged in overnight, within 1-2 hours after I woke up I was down to 40% battery. The back of the phone was also very hot, which someone said related to the wifi bug. Anyone? I don't want this to happen, luckily I don't work today, if I did I'd be very mad.
I've measured IR temps on mine when it's burning thru the batt from WiFi nd it's about 88-90 degrees F. With ambient temp about 72 F.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
I had my n900 plugged in overnight, within 1-2 hours after I woke up I was down to 40% battery. The back of the phone was also very hot, which someone said related to the wifi bug.
Being hot is related to using up the battery quickly - the power used has to go somewhere, so it's dissipated as heat.

have a look at this one, my consumption goes up?!?! My heavy consumption is due to being connected the whole day and lestening to tunes

still odd that the consumption goes up... I was wondering if it was due to the temperature... we have a heater in the office and it is on and off at different intervals.
Attached Images

So can you guys tell me if this is pretty typical?

I'm connected via edge most of the time, I connected to my work's wifi network for maybe an hour or so. At one point the battery was getting somewhat warm because I had imdb's website (with flash) opened and I noticed it was causing pulseaudio and another process to each consume 20% cpu... I didn't close it for 35 mins or so cause I was in a meeting...

Edge, MFE and gmail both updating every 15 minutes, snet probably 10 texts, used the phone for 5 minutes. I'll probably end up getting around 14 hours useage before the phone dies. So 7a - 9p.... with what I consider VERY moderate usage.

What that translates to is a problem if I don't have a spare battery. If I am traveling for work, get up at 5am, the phone will easily be dead by 7pm (probably sooner due to more active phone use while traveling) when my flight would typically land and I'll have no phone for my drive home.

If this is typical I'll probably sell the phone. My comparison right now, albeit it may be a bad one is my iphone (bad comparison because of lack of multitasking), but my iphone ocnnected via wifi/3g ALL of the time, same usage, I'll have 30% left at like 11pm.

Thoughts?

Screenshot (notice I didn't download batteryeye till 11am)-

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
...At one point the battery was getting somewhat warm because I had imdb's website (with flash) opened and I noticed it was causing pulseaudio and another process to each consume 20% cpu... I didn't close it for 35 mins or so cause I was in a meeting...

...my iphone ocnnected via wifi/3g ALL of the time, same usage, I'll have 30% left at like 11pm.

Thoughts?
So you have iphone with flash support?

no really =) 14h is actually quite good usage time. Please read this thread and do at least following, remove widgets and reboot once in awhile.

.edit do you use any im?

My comparison right now, albeit it may be a bad one is my iphone (bad comparison because of lack of multitasking), but my iphone ocnnected via wifi/3g ALL of the time, same usage, I'll have 30% left at like 11pm.
Actually, besides multitasking, iPhone lacks any kind of tasking, when in standby/sleep...

I have weather widget updating every 4 hours (if that drains battery, thats a joke). Calendar is on there, besides that theres nothing....

And no I don't use any IM.