Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
the SDK is available to have a go right now.

like i said though, there are developers working on widgets now who will lead the way with preconfigured packages and who will have ironed out many of the trickier aspects
Since it is almost trivial to create a desktop widget with Python (as opposed to C), and Python Desktop Widgets are not currently completely working in Fremantle, it may be wise to do some good 'ole bug-voting.

Notable bugs: 5232*, 5226.

* This one is a blocker..

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
Since it is almost trivial to create a desktop widget with Python (as opposed to C), and Python Desktop Widgets are not currently completely working in Fremantle, it may be wise to do some good 'ole bug-voting.

Notable bugs: 5232*, 5226.

* This one is a blocker..
Okay I voted, but we are gonna need some more votes........anybody?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jandmdickerson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Widgets for separate or combined Messenger programs. eg. show latest message, or when someone logs on or off, and how many people are logged on/off etc. And act as a shortcut to the program.

-MSN Messenger
-Yahoo Messenger
-GTalk Messenger
-AIM
-Skype (already done?)
-other messengers

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
My request:

Instead of speed contacts i need online contacts showing all my contacts who are online. Kinetic scrolling should be enabled within the widget to scroll for more than 4 contacts....

Maybe a Google Reader widget that shows you the latest unread RSS feeds in Reader.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Okay, so we've got a lot of ideas... but is there anyone out there actually working on making some of these ideas come to fruition?

Are you interested in working on some of these? If so, please tell us so that we can avoid duplication of effort. Who is willing to put in some effort to benefit the community as a whole?

I'm sure fiferboy's source for the apps he's already worked on would be a wonderful starting point for a large amount of these widget ideas.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
sachin007 - Unfortunately kinetic scroll is disabled for desktop widgets. I think this is so desktop panning can always be top priority with drag events on the desktop :|

The Following User Says Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Ireland
It might be a bit more than a widiget, how about a MiFi app, to share your 3.5G connection to WiFi. IPCop or something?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Branedy View Post
It might be a bit more than a widiget, how about a MiFi app, to share your 3.5G connection to WiFi. IPCop or something?
Yes, that's more than what I would consider a simple widget.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by fiferboy View Post
sachin007 - Unfortunately kinetic scroll is disabled for desktop widgets. I think this is so desktop panning can always be top priority with drag events on the desktop :|
Is even vertical dragging disabled on widgets?

Tags
fremantle, requests, widgets