Notices

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
The deb content is tarred and gzipped, so it's usually smaller than the installed size. Those numbers sound about right for the installed size and deb file.

You'll not gain more than a few kB on rootfs by uninstalling MAME itself.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Never knew a deb is tarres and gzipped....

I would never uninstall mame........never . lol

Last edited by Bazza; 2010-04-20 at 13:50.

Version 0.138u1-0maemo0
  • Updated to latest upstream source.
  • Depends on newest version of accelemymote with support for proximity sensor as a button.
  • Removed patch from patchset (added upstream).

It appears that with gentle overclocking, a lot more ROMs can be smoothly enjoyed.

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
so whats the status of the usability it 2010 the last previous post was in 2009

Originally Posted by superg05 View Post
so whats the status of the usability it 2010 the last previous post was in 2009
I'm not sure what to tell you. I never promised it would improve reading comprehension skills or reality awareness.

Can someone with their N900 overclocked at around 700 mhz run R-type on Mame and let me know what fps it runs at?

The reason i ask is that R-type on mame4all on my GP2X Wiz o/c'd at 700mhz runs at 100% and R-type on my N900 at standard clock speed runs at 84% after a stuttering start. i was just wandering what performance it will run at o/c'd (i am thinking of o/c my n900 only slightly nothing too high)

Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
Can someone with their N900 overclocked at around 700 mhz run R-type on Mame and let me know what fps it runs at?

The reason i ask is that R-type on mame4all on my GP2X Wiz o/c'd at 700mhz runs at 100% and R-type on my N900 at standard clock speed runs at 84% after a stuttering start. i was just wandering what performance it will run at o/c'd (i am thinking of o/c my n900 only slightly nothing too high)
Hmm might just be you and me left in MAMEland, Bazza. Everyone else moved on to the flashy console emus.

I finally found a working version of R-type and get 86% after the slow start you mention, and i've got an 805MHz clock. Something besides CPU speed is the limiting factor (or my N900 needs a reboot, which isn't unlikely). Memory bandwidth, i suspect...

Seems very playable at 86% with the default frameskip, though.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Count me on this thread also.

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Hmm might just be you and me left in MAMEland, Bazza. Everyone else moved on to the flashy console emus.

I finally found a working version of R-type and get 86% after the slow start you mention, and i've got an 805MHz clock. Something besides CPU speed is the limiting factor (or my N900 needs a reboot, which isn't unlikely). Memory bandwidth, i suspect...

Seems very playable at 86% with the default frameskip, though.
You can't beat mame Flandry you don't need save states and most games should be completed within an hour.you can't do that on these flashy console emulators.

Yep it is playable at 86% just wandered if we could get it to 100% with o/c.

Clock speed is not the problem then.hmmmmm....

Can the memory bandwidth be worked around in any way?

Count me in too.
MAME rocks!

Tags
arcade, emulator, game, maemo 5, mame, wip