Notices

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
My bad, it's
www.atdhe.net

It has good stable streams of ESPN US, FOX US , CBS US, Animal Planet US, Cartoon Network US, Disney Channel US, MTV DE

+1 from me for this one!

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

The Following User Says Thank You to El Amir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
WorldTV99 is looking more and more like a real TV now.

1) We have LIVE broadcast, at least for my local city. I have WRal, local city TV stations, LIVE. If you know your local TV stations broadcast link, please submit, then you have your own LIVE TV on the N900 too!

2) Now the beginning of advertisement. NBC, the 1st among the big 3 (CBS and ABC), start slipping advertisement into their news program last week, and now has become a constant features. Will find out soon whether the other news channel will follow suit.

Any suggestions, comments, rotten tomatoes?

Enjoy,

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
www.atdhe.net

I thought that you needed Silverlight (moonlight) to stream these channels on this site. What am I missing?

The second time I went the link it didn't ask me to download silverlight but it's unwatchable. It's like 1 frame per second and the audio and video are out of sync (on wifi).

Last edited by j-a-k; 2010-06-04 at 06:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to j-a-k For This Useful Post:
request for Malaysia channel rtm1, rtm2 and tv3

CasTTeLLo

Fellows, I've got a slow wifi and some channels just unwatchable(( Think the problem is that all in a very high quality.
Any tweaks to work around it?

Originally Posted by Reeby View Post
Fellows, I've got a slow wifi and some channels just unwatchable(( Think the problem is that all in a very high quality.
Indeed both can be the problem. If you see lots of 'buffering' messages, the wifi is probably to blame, if however you see very slow screen refreshing, the quality might be the culprit.
Any tweaks to work around it?
Lots of the video links can be saved. Select a link and press the floppy disk button. When kmplayer starts saving, the download page is opened and you should see a progress bar slowly progressing.
Clicking on the back arrow, top-right corner, you go back to the main window and you could add another link for saving simultaneously.
Or you can peek the currently downloaded link using the open file button. If e.g. the playback is still choppy, the hardware demands are too high for the N900.

You can go back to the download page using the main windows menu 'Download Page'.
At any time you can click on an entry on the download page and select to cancel/suspend the download.

Once a video is downloaded, you find the link to the file on disc in the 'Most Recent' list.

Note if you see no progress at all, you might be saving a live stream. Keep an eye on the file size using the file manager.

Tip, if you don't plan to play the videos with the build in media player, create a folder for these videos. Edit the file /home/user/.config/tracker/tracker.cfg and add this folder to the 'NoWatchDirectory' list. Always choose this folder for saving.
This will save your device quite some CPU cycles when the indexing process starts indexing. (you may have to reboot, I don't really know)
Also just keeping your disc clean helps.

Tip, flash links, e.g. from the google links in worldtv, starts the flashplayer. Mostly these play back very choppy. The trick is to play for just a second or so and then stop the video. Back in the main window you should see a newly added sub-item.
If you play this one, mplayer or gstreamer will be used. You can save such a link too.

The Following User Says Thank You to koos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by koos View Post
if however you see very slow screen refreshing, the quality might be the culprit.
Thanks!
In fact, that's what I get. No messages but a slow screen and sound refreshing. Downloading is an option, yes. I was just wondering if I could reduce the reception quality somehow. Is that possible to do by changing some settings? Something that would put down the quality but give me a steady stream when watching, say, CNN?

Last edited by Reeby; 2010-08-07 at 07:09.

In fact, that's what I get. No messages but a slow screen and sound refreshing. Downloading is an option, yes. I was just wondering if I could reduce the reception quality somehow. Is that possible to do by changing some settings? Something that would put down the quality but give me a steady stream when watching, say, CNN?
As far as I know, worldtv99 prefers small band links over the broad band. I guess the thing is that streams change over time in that the providers increase the quality.

You may have some luck with choosing another player, from the kmplayer menu. MPlayer plays about anything, gstreamer (the osso-media-server) uses less CPU when it can play the video. At least make sure to install the extra-decoder support package.

B.t.w. CNN News Daily works just fine for me (MPlayer only). Which link did you try?

choosing another player, from the kmplayer menu.
Gee, that's something worth of trying))

B.t.w. CNN News Daily works just fine for me (MPlayer only). Which link did you try?
I guess, it was CBN..not sure, but this thing is - the picture was almost perfect. Cristal clear. That's the reason I thought it was so laggy

Gee, that's something worth of trying))

I guess, it was CBN..not sure, but this thing is - the picture was almost perfect. Cristal clear. That's the reason I thought it was so laggy
For me CBN works with gstreamer and plays smoother.

You also see that when tapping on the video, the on-screen buttons appear and disappear a bit later. With MPlayer I get a greenish screen for a short time, meaning that MPlayer has trouble to update the screen. Gstreamer however recovers very quickly when the buttons disappear.

Tags
kmplayer, mplayer, streaming tv, t v, worldtv99