Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
don't really feel like being the 1st crash test dummy ;-P
live and let die :P
its my main purpose hehe

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Not able to enable "untrusted software install"
- but manually installing warehouse from terminal, and installing apps from warehouse (or terminal) works fine

Camera not working
Fixed in Monday's release together with Alien Dalvik?

Tomorrow report on battery life in standby if not heavy use?

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Not able to enable "untrusted software install"
- but manually installing warehouse from terminal, and installing apps from warehouse (or terminal) works fine

Camera not working
Yeah, I confirm this issue, it was also present in v1.0.5.16 on Nexus 4. So "$ pkcon install-local <filename.rpm>" is the solution.

I see no difference between Sailfish 1.0.7.16 and 1.0.5.16 with respect to Nexus 4 hardware adaptation : with no camera, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC and sensors (i.e., no automatic screen rotation).

But v1.0.7.16 on Nexus :
- seems more stable (the problem pressing Power to wake-up not working is gone, I think);
- has a first start-up screen asking the user to enter name, phone number, email, etc (I think it is for the beta testing of Sailfish Early Adopter Release for Android devices);
- has Jolla Store working without workaround;
- has no watermark underneath the UI with "SailfishOS development software";
- video is working, but no MP3 music playing (lack of codec);
- seems to spend 1% of battery for each 2 hours of usage (without SIM card, WiFi on, light use). Better than 2-3 days v1.0.5.16 and SIM card usage (calls, 3G). To be better tested.
- folders of apps work very well.

Thanks, Jolla sailors, for Sailfish v1.0.7.16 and its adaptation for Nexus 4.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Yeah, I confirm this issue, it was also present in v1.0.5.16 on Nexus 4. So "$ pkcon install-local <filename.rpm>" is the solution.

I see no difference between Sailfish 1.0.7.16 and 1.0.5.16 with respect to Nexus 4 hardware adaptation : with no camera, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC and sensors (i.e., no automatic screen rotation).

But v1.0.7.16 on Nexus :
- seems more stable (the problem pressing Power to wake-up not working is gone, I think);
- has a first start-up screen asking the user to enter name, phone number, email, etc (I think it is for the beta testing of Sailfish Early Adopter Release for Android devices);
- has Jolla Store working without workaround;
- has no watermark underneath the UI with "SailfishOS development software";
- video is working, but no MP3 music playing (lack of codec);
- seems to spend 1% of battery for each 2 hours of usage (without SIM card, WiFi on, light use). Better than 2-3 days v1.0.5.16 and SIM card usage (calls, 3G). To be better tested.
- folders of apps work very well.

Thanks, Jolla sailors, for Sailfish v1.0.7.16 and its adaptation for Nexus 4.
Great that watermark made cracy. Such a cheap act to add it. Finallly removed

While we are at it. I don't see why this shouldn't work for other devices as well. Will jolla use nexus 4 or 5 as reference device? Anyone tried on nexus 7

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-06-21 at 13:43.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyone knows when jolla well drop this alpha to us tomorrow? Morning, evening or during the lunch break.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
Hi guys, does anyone know if I will get a look in with my Samsung Galaxy S2 for Jolla Launcher beta testing??
I've had the stable 10.1.3 running as well without problem, so I'm assuming that as my SGS2 runs 10.1.3 that it should be able to run Sailfish too?, or will I still need to be coming from Android 4.2 to start with?
Regards,

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
In theory, it should be easier to support a wider array of devices for "Sailfish Android Launcher" compared to "Sailfish for Android Hw". Wait till they make their official announcements.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Markkyboy View Post
Hi guys, does anyone know if I will get a look in with my Samsung Galaxy S2 for Jolla Launcher beta testing??
I've had the stable 10.1.3 running as well without problem, so I'm assuming that as my SGS2 runs 10.1.3 that it should be able to run Sailfish too?, or will I still need to be coming from Android 4.2 to start with?
Regards,
SGS2 isn't in the pipeline, see this table of Sailfish Adaptation for Android devices :
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris

Jolla will release the Hardware Adaptation Development Kit, so any community user will have the tools to port Sailfish to SGS2, etc.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Markkyboy View Post
Regards,
Feel free to build libhybris and get it running
https://github.com/mer-hybris

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Guys he was asking about the sailfish android launcher, not sailfish for android hw.
Although personally if it were me, I'd be far more interested in the latter...

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Jolla will release the Hardware Adaptation Development Kit, so any community user will have the tools to port Sailfish to SGS2, etc.
Do we have all the detail on that yet, inc. when it's being officially announced etc?

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-06-23 at 07:34.

Tags
mister a-hole