Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Ahh, sorry. Mine is in Finnish language.
Try changing the MeeGo system language to english, test again and report here. There were vkb problems for some users using anything other than english.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-08-12 at 09:39.

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Try changing the MeeGo system language to english, test again and report here. There were vkb problems for some users using anything other than english.
Changing the language works. It makes the VBK to work. It is however quite curious on my opinion why this is happening. But I understand little to none about this kind of stuff, so I can just hope that somebody comes up with solution to use Easy Debian with everyone native language. Don't wanna start using this in english

BTW, ones the language is changed, I can also use finnish keyboard settings with Easy debian. Don't know if it matters, just wanted to share just in case, since I figured that the problem would be because of slightly different alphabetic but no.

Which PR (1.2, 1.3 ?) and language are you using ? Do you have installed xmimd_1.1 and "Harmattanized" the image ?
PR 1.3, MeeGo is running in Polish. I have tried setting the text input language to American English, but it made no difference. Also no difference between regular text input method and swype. Didn't need to harmattanize since I'm using debian-m5-v3e-Sci-2GB.img.ext2.lzma. I have installed xmimd_1.1_armel.deb.

Ok, changing the system language to English solved my problem. Thanks.

Last edited by Piotrek_PL; 2012-08-12 at 12:52.

Boxeri & Piotrek_PL : I don't know why setting English as system language is need to vkb work. Maybe Javispedro can give some insight.

I've tried to reproduce this problem in my N9 with portuguese-br without success : vkb in LXDE works anyway, with english-usa or portuguese-br as system languages.

You can try one more thing, setting the Debian/LXDE language. In Debian terminal as root :
[root@m5v3e: /] export PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin:/sbin
[root@m5v3e: /] dpkg-reconfigure locales
then choose the languages you want.

(After Javispedro tip) :
Test if MeeGo locale is the same of Debian locale.
In MeeGo X Terminal :
$ locale
In Debian Terminal :e
[root@m5v3e: /] locale
and compare the outputs, they should be the same. If not, change the Debian locale with the "dpkg-reconfigure locales" command or the MeeGo system language.
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-08-12 at 19:33.

Originally Posted by HolgerN View Post
In my image the enter key does also not work as expected. If i am writing something in openoffice nothing shows until i am pressing the enter button in the virtual keyboard. There is no line break inserted.
Which MeeGo system language are you using ? If not English, try to set it to English and test again.

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
- In OOWriter, Gedit, Leafpad, Abiword, pressing the ENTER key on the VKB (I tested default, Swype, English Arrows) won't end the line to start a new one. I think the key is just not working as I can't do a websearch in Epiphany either, as I can't validate what I typed in the search field.
Again : which MeeGo system language are you using ? If not English, try to set it to English and test again.

I'm trying to understant this vkb issue of not working 100% for some users & softwares.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
rcolistete, is there a fix for the "arrow keys" and the "fn" key for the numbers using the hardware keyboard on the N950?
Can you also force the volume buttons to the Mediavolume? It changes the profile at the moment (even if you play an mp3 file) using lxde.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
rcolistete, is there a fix for the "arrow keys" and the "fn" key for the numbers using the hardware keyboard on the N950?
Can you also force the volume buttons to the Mediavolume? It changes the profile at the moment (even if you play an mp3 file) using lxde.
I don't have a N950 to test.

Do you have "synchroot"ed the image ? See 1st post, section "Choosing a Debian image / 1 & 2".

About volume buttons, the ~/.xbindkeysrc file can be created & configured, but I don't know the codes of volume buttons.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Czech Republic
Great! I will try it on my N9

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I don't have a N950 to test.

Do you have "synchroot"ed the image ? See 1st post, section "Choosing a Debian image / 1 & 2".

About volume buttons, the ~/.xbindkeysrc file can be created & configured, but I don't know the codes of volume buttons.
Yes, I already synchroot-ed it but that didn't gave me results.
How to lookup for the codes? any idea?