Active Topics

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by qole View Post
...or a chroot followed by an "apt-get -f install" in my case... I suspect there may be a few people who are not willing to do that.
or do not have the option...

if only one had the ability to boot of a SD card via usb out of the box...

would save some work at times...

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
No accessories and it'll come in a somewhat compacted state, I'm afraid. The footprint motif on the screen is free.
Whats the footprint motif?

Maybe you need a good ol' Belgian pintke with all the 3rd party software hacked on a NIT w/Diablo you can expect some problems here and there.

Besides that, there are some rules when it comes down to software updates: First let the young, eager, and bored people try 'em.. seriously, any Windows version very much required a service pack before it was usable. Sometimes even 2. People who buy the OS once its out are almost always developers, OEM, or fools.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
A lot of people encountered the out-of-space issue running the pre-release Diablo. It's especially awkward when important system daemons (icd2) get chopped off during the install.
I should no ask this (i shoud do it ), but is there a bug filed against application manager for not checking available disk space?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
I should no ask this (i shoud do it ), but is there a bug filed against application manager for not checking available disk space?
Well, it does check disk space, I'm just not sure how well it accounts for the extra temporary storage needed during the install (or how well it really can count that).

hello, first post here!
my update worked successfully!
really like my n810

The Following User Says Thank You to quad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
glad someone have it working

i guess i should expect things to break, in that i flirt with the "dark side"

I have a dual SD card boot both with both with Diaablo . I did the update tonight without too much thought and now my system only boots from the flash side. When you think about it, it seems logical but I now have no boot menu. I know I can reflash but is there an easier way to get the system back to normal but more importantly, is this going to happen every time there is an update? I guess a really good reason not to boot an alternate system.

Does anyone have any ideas - other than don't upgrade

Cheers

c

Install penguinbait's bootmenu in flash then restart and you should have it back.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Well, I thought someone with somethng nice to say should come in here.... so - today at work I read on my favorite tablet forum that there was a diablo update available... and that it breaks your tablets boot menu and was sent from hell to kill us all.... So naturally the first thing I did was happily instal it the most logical way i thought possible... I boot from an internal MMC diablo and diablo on flash...so:

1) I booted to internal MMC; saw the update notification.. went ahead and updated..it warned me i would reboot - and I already knew my bootmenu was going to be hosed. So; it gets done; without error; and reboots.
2) Tablet reboots into flash on it's own... I run application manager and check for updates.. install 2 new updates... tablet reboots again; still in flash - and I get a pretty little "operating system updates installed".
3) Removed penguinbaits bootmenu-installer
4) Re-installed penguinbaits bootmenu-installer (took a while.. but still worked fine).
5) Reboot and select internal MMC
6) Boot into internal MMC and get my pretty little "Operating System Updated" message.

And voila - Internal MMC; and Flash; updated and re-loaded bootmenu all without incident and no cloning or recovery necessary...

So... I'm happy.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Once the update finally showed up I installed it with no problems, however it didn't reboot by itself I had to do it manually. The Map update worked fine also. I can only guess that the only reason it worked okay for me is that I don't live on the wild side, I haven't done much of anything beyond "stock" stuff with it.

Tags
browser, email, microb, modest, os2008, ssu, stability, update