Notices

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Gilbert, AZ, USA
unfortunately, the new ver seems to have a problem with playing 2-3 songs and then not moving on to the next one. I just had a song play to end and it isn't moving to the next song. the play/pause button is in Play mode and the timer is stuck at 00:01/04:50 ... last lines in the console output are
Code:
MAFW STATE CHANGED 0
MAFW PROPERTY CHANGED transport-actions  <type 'str'>
maybe this is related to the countdown timer issue you mentioned. How are you deciding when to move to the next song? is it based on the timer reaching zero or getting a MAFW STATE CHANGED 0 msg?

I uploaded 2-3 new versions.. one of them was because of that problem.. make sure you're running 2.4.

Let me know. I cant really fix it anymore but I can still look into it.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

sorry, I should have been more specific. When I did the most recent upgrade, it took me from 2.1 to 2.2. I am doing an upgrade now and it is pulling 2.3. I'm not too familiar with the maemo extras-devel build and distribution process. I'll see if I can figure out how to force 2.4 out of it. Or wait for it to catch up...

How about sorting the station list? This patch seems to work...

Code:
--- radioplayer.py.orig 2010-08-13 17:07:43.000000000 -0700
+++ radioplayer.py      2010-08-13 21:02:41.000000000 -0700
@@ -183,7 +183,7 @@
                        self.getStations()

def getStations( self ):
-               self.stations = self.pandora.getStations()
+               self.stations = sorted(self.pandora.getStations(), key=lambda station: station["stationName"])
                self.emit(QtCore.SIGNAL("stations"))

def getMoreSongs( self ):

The Following User Says Thank You to jsharper For This Useful Post:
Looks like I have very, very slow internet here. Will be able to somewhat keep up if needed.

Thanks for the patch.. Sorting the stations seems fine.

New update.. very minor fixes/changes.. added some comments to the code..

Now when you skip songs it doesn't clear the buffer of the last song.. it actually stops the playing and starts the new song like you would expect.

Still haven't fixed the countdown timer problem. It's a weird one.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
How hard would it be to put in an application specific volume control like Media Player and Canola have. It's handy to have separate control over the volume in the music app.

I haven't tried the latest version much, but I had been getting a lot of spotty playing previously. It would play fine for a dozen or so songs, but then it would only play part of the next song. It also sometimes would get "stuck" on a song, not moving to the next song even when the Skip button is pressed or the station is changed. Do you have suggestions on how to debug this?

The Following User Says Thank You to parejkoj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by parejkoj View Post
It would play fine for a dozen or so songs, but then it would only play part of the next song. It also sometimes would get "stuck" on a song, not moving to the next song even when the Skip button is pressed or the station is changed.
I get this behavior sometimes as well. I usually have to exit and restart pyRadio to fix it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceevee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
Same here. It just did it now. The elapsed time is reading "-1:59/04:17", which may or may not be helpful in tracking the bug down.

The Following User Says Thank You to parejkoj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by parejkoj View Post
How hard would it be to put in an application specific volume control like Media Player and Canola have. It's handy to have separate control over the volume in the music app.
Not sure where to put it . I can make one.. just need to integrate it into the interface somewhere. UI ideas would be appreciated..

As to the problem.. I will continue to look into it. I've had it get stuck on a song before (usually when I'm around spotty network).. but I can usually always skip to the next song. Never had it totally "stuck" before.. (You can't skip songs if it's in "Pause" status.. make sure the Play buttons triangle is lit when you try to skip).

I plan to have another release here soon but.. haven't found much to fix. This and the timer problem after a pause are the only two I know about.

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio