Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
I couldn't find anything like that in ovi store, any link?
http://store.ovi.com/content/42570

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
The only reason I'm seriously contemplating getting another phone is the e-mail program.

If someone could make something like Profimail that I used on my E90 I'd be over the moon. Even a mailprogram that will just simply download the POP3 messages so I can instanty review them when I want.

I get seriously pissed off if I can't reread a mail I read earlier because the program needs to contact the server again and I'm out of 3G range.

The Following User Says Thank You to Timstertoo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Timstertoo View Post
The only reason I'm seriously contemplating getting another phone is the e-mail program.

If someone could make something like Profimail that I used on my E90 I'd be over the moon. Even a mailprogram that will just simply download the POP3 messages so I can instanty review them when I want.

I get seriously pissed off if I can't reread a mail I read earlier because the program needs to contact the server again and I'm out of 3G range.
I kept my e90 when I first encountered the n900 email client Modest,
but have now abandoned it since using Claws for several months,
which does far more than the e90 email client ever did.

Have you checked out Claws-mail ?

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
This, see through while you read.

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
All I am Looking is a Basic Feature...

1. To have Multiselect and Delete in Individual conversation (currently i have to delete each and every unwanted messages one by one, If I clear the conversation then selected message from a person cannot be retained)

2. To Move messages from conversation inbox to drafts or filtered folders.

The Following User Says Thank You to mramkumar7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I have been looking at making this myself but unfourtunately i dont have the time to do it.

To convert audelicious into a simple professional audio measurementprogram.

What is missing is that audelicious is linear instead of logaritmic (Linear is rather useless in audio) and it doesnt have userdefined zoom for frequency and decibel.
Also, to track and show the peakfrequency is a rather useful function which seems to be simple to implement..
And it would also be nice with a tone/sweep/pinknoise generator thru the headphonejack.
The ability to accept a standard calibrationfile for a measurementmicrophone thru the inputjack would also be nice, but not necessary.

The part i am missing most now in audelicious, is a logaritmic scale and the ability to freely choose frequency an db scales.
Also, a Overloadindication to tell when the measurements arent valid anymore is rather vital.

Audelicious source:
http://mynokiablog.com/2010/03/31/vi...he-nokia-n900/

An app for IPhone that explains what i mean.
http://www.studiosixdigital.com/fft_demo_part_one.html
http://www.studiosixdigital.com/rta_demo_video.html

Last edited by electroaudio; 2011-01-22 at 08:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
http://store.ovi.com/content/42570
OMG that's not available for my country. So can anybody help me to get that app. I tried firefox user agent changer but its only sending me that catalogue detail file.
Edit1:surprizingly apt-get did the job without any hiccups.
Edit2nly good thing about this app is zoom in and zoom out.

Last edited by Joseph9560; 2011-01-22 at 09:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph9560 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
I ain't actually missing anything on my N900, I am quite happy with all the apps there are. Though, I'd love to have a multi-platform MMORPG optimized for small-scale devices with touchscreens. Hell, I'd love to code something like that myself too, but lacking any artistic skills kind of hurts the plan.

The Following User Says Thank You to WereCatf For This Useful Post:
I like these ideas

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
1. If the alarm D-bus signals allow it, I'd like a small, non-GUI application that registers itself to be called anytime the alarm goes off. Once called, the application would for a short time monitor the accelerometer for, say, a triple tap on the device. If the triple tap came, the application would dismiss the alarm. Otherwise, the app would simply close itself.
When doing quick, cursory looks into how the alarm stuff works on the N800 for auouymous' advanced system-ui, I found that there are no D-Bus signals emitted (on the N800 at least).

However, there's a sort of abstraction between alarmd and the alarm dialog itself, the latter is provided by SystemUI.

alarmd commands the alarm dialog to present itself through a D-Bus method call; see its methods here. As alarmd is open-source, one could modify it either to run a program of your choosing or to make it emit a signal before it shows the dialog.

There's one problem, though, that may be evident if you look at the methods provided: The alarm_close method doesn't allow for the response to be given (snooze etc.) so I'm not sure how useful it would be for your use case of appointments. As the alarm dialog itself is closed-source, modification is not realistically possible either.

2. I'd like a addition to the status menu with several buttons, a bit like the Simple Brightness Applet. However, instead of various brightness levels, the buttons on this new applet would be for different units of time, perhaps 1/2 hr, 1 hr, 1-1/2 hrs, 2 hrs, and 2-1/2 hrs. Tapping one of the times would immediately switch the phone from General profile to Silent profile and register an event with alarmd the selected amount of time in the future. The alarmd event, when it arrived, would prompt the applet to switch back to the General profile.

This would allow the phone to autimatically return to it's normal, useful, noisy self after being curtious during events such as meetings, movies, and dates.
I'm certainly no programmer, but this is easy for anyone with basic GTK+ knowledge. Hell, I'd do it but I removed my Ubuntu install and Python's not for me.
In essence (take note of the "no programmer" bit!), all that would be required would be to:
  • Pack a bunch of GtkToggleButtons
  • Handle their "clicked" events by setting the profile to Silent and creating a timer etc.
  • Setting the profile back when done and deselecting the button, having stopped the emission of the clicked signal first

(AFAIK there's no support for Qt applets in the status menu area)

Manipulation of profiles is easy, just use http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/5.0-final/libprofile/ or profiled's D-Bus interface directly.
In my opinion, using alarmd is overkill for such a simple task with not such long times, but perhaps alarmd has battery benefits I'm not aware of (and the RSS application uses it as far as I know)? An alternative would be the simple timeout but using the IPHB functionality (used by those news and Amazon applets if I remember correctly) of the N900 which tries to emit any "wake up" events to all using it at around the same time, given you can live with it being a few seconds early or late

Last edited by jstokes; 2011-01-22 at 11:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by theonelaw View Post
I kept my e90 when I first encountered the n900 email client Modest,
but have now abandoned it since using Claws for several months,
which does far more than the e90 email client ever did.

Have you checked out Claws-mail ?
No I haven't!

Will do that right now as I was hoping to keep hanging in there with the N900 until the N9 comes out.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Timstertoo For This Useful Post:

Tags
applications, coding, competition, ideas, nokia n900