Notices

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Bit the bullet and threw brad's pulseaudio package on earlier. So far so good. Only noticed a slight pause once or twice so far while opening microb to a heavy page with Transmission (the one from repos, not from that recent thread) running. Just now I got a couple pauses of audio but Transmission has been running for probably near 2 hours (it always locks up my phone after a long period of active use anyways). Pretty good so far!

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
whelll... it worked for a one day... now it doesn't.... don't know if i must enter some command every time i reboot.... but it stutter sound when power key is pressed :P

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ stockton
does this new 1 work with nitdroid installed i havent found anything to say it doesnt but thought id ask befor i tested it cheers

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by brad112358 View Post
I have uploaded a patched libpulse0 package, this time, built without thumb instructions:

http://n900.awardspace.biz/libpulse0...+0m5_armel.deb

This is the only package which actually needs to be replaced to test this patch. The other pulseaudio packages are not affected and the standard PR1.2 versions should be used. I also don't see any need to pin this package for testing purposes and I can't think of any reason it shouldn't work with the stock kernel (Though I haven't tested it that way). Just download and install the package (might be best to reboot to ensure everything is using the new library). Since it has the same version number as the stock package, it shouldn't be replaced by the package manager until something newer is available. This is working well so far for me, including ringtones. Let us all know if it helps reduce stuttering for you.

Thanks,

--Brad
Does anyone have the source and build files for this package?

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
anyone try installing this with PR1.3? i missed having nonstuttering audio while browsing the web and what not.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
P1.3 has fixed stuttering for me. Is this no longer needed?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
Yes,with PR 1.3 it is no longer needed.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
Some people are still getting stuttering, although less than before. They are now requested to create a new bug report.

Likely reason : only 1 of the 2 fixes as described in the bug report made it into PR1.3.

They both made it into Harmattan though. unbelievable ... ;(
For reference : https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7190

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
So, basically, with a clean flashed phone and 1.3 you can't play and browse simultaneously? Because I can. And I make liberal use of -devel.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
So, basically, with a clean flashed phone and 1.3 you can't play and browse simultaneously? Because I can. And I make liberal use of -devel.
weird, because if i run mediabox, and play audio through it, and even double tapping the power button to lock screen, it stutters. hmm will look to see whatsup