Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
@F2TahK: Why don't make a new theme instead or a script? It would be much safer and users would be able to revert the changes. I could incorporate this to n9tweak but as i see you are still at it and find new things i have been waiting to do so.
Hi
I created one.. See here, it's have different option for installation of this tweaks. I uploaded new version based on v2.6 from first post..

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
Its safe to use, I didnt even make any backups XD

Are you gonna continue with this? What's the plan now?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
I will make it into themes I think. One that has landscape, one that doesnt.

Then Id love to package it into a deb and put into appsformeego repo (Ill need help with that)

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HD.Canson View Post
I have same question as soleil.

I want to install version 2.6 but i dont want landscape.

So what should i do?
when you say you dont want landscape, do you mean at all?

I.E. no landscape mainscreens or lockscreen?

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I will make it into themes I think. One that has landscape, one that doesnt.

Then Id love to package it into a deb and put into appsformeego repo (Ill need help with that)

Cool! I could help you with that.. but what i honestly think is that this tweak should be possible on any theme. It would probably be pretty easy to do. I could teach you if you'd like. A couple of seds for any string you need to change.

The sed command goes in to a file > finds the string > substitute it for what you like. So if you want a value be changed from "200" to "100" you would do "sed 's/200/100/' /path/to/file". That sed will not write to a file so feel free to test it out. To write to a file you'll need to add the "-i" prefix. So pretty basic and with some variables it would be compatible with any theme.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Originally Posted by smph View Post
I tried to make an independent theme based on these changes, not sure if all the tweaks work but most of them do. The attached tarball is based on the version 2.4 of the changes, I left out the lansdscape mod because it seemed so buggy. To install, extract the archive to /usr/share/themes/ and use ThemeChanger available at http://repo.pub.meego.com/home%3a/ma...tandard/armel/ to select the theme "Fast Transitions", then reboot. If someone knows how to change the theme manually please let me know.

To go back to the default theme select the theme called "Blanco".

I also looked into making a package out of this but that seemed too complicated for now.
this doesnt work, it needs all old files from blanco theme

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Cool! I could help you with that.. but what i honestly think is that this tweak should be possible on any theme. It would probably be pretty easy to do. I could teach you if you'd like. A couple of seds for any string you need to change.

The sed command goes in to a file > finds the string > substitute it for what you like. So if you want a value be changed from "200" to "100" you would do "sed 's/200/100/' /path/to/file". That sed will not write to a file so feel free to test it out. To write to a file you'll need to add the "-i" prefix. So pretty basic and with some variables it would be compatible with any theme.
Im not very proficient with linux, only used it since the N900 came out. As of today Ive changed 52 files to alter the transitions. I think making a script to backup old files and copy new ones across, and a script to revert back is hard enough for me!

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Im not very proficient with linux, only used it since the N900 came out. As of today Ive changed 52 files to alter the transitions. I think making a script to backup old files and copy new ones across, and a script to revert back is hard enough for me!
I think instead of a .deb, its better you leave it this way, so people that are willing to risk it will, and those that can't won't...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

New version, includes install script (only change).

Thinking about removing landscape MODs so people can just enable it if they want it. Thoughts?

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Yeah, i know.. was thinking now when you have yet another device based on linux that som bash could do you good. It is not especially hard when you get around to start using it.. and omg so usefull.

I could do it and at the same time it would show you. My problem is to know what strings you have changed and to what value. Going through that would take it's time. I am thinking of doing this for n9tweak eventually but at the rate you are finding new and improved settings that would mean a lot of work following up.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post: