Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by Cas07 View Post
Can someone either:
  • Create a wiki page
  • Moderators/OP update the first post

They should contain a quick summary of the points from this thread so that we do not need to trawl 154 pages to find relevant info.

I.MO. the wiki would be ideal for this kind of topic as the information contained here is not up for debate.

It astounds me that no-one takes any initiative with these large unwieldy topics.
I nominate you.

I've got no mod rights in this forum, but i'm sure a mod who does will be happy to add the link to the first post.

It won't help, though. Many/most people don't read before posting. Much of this thread is a merge of countless other threads created by just such people.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I don't mean the threat per se, in the sense of "I will sue if ____". But I'm sure there's a way you could take that idea and run with it (and naturally combine it with the implication that full Flash support would be interpreted to mean updates by the average consumer), especially if you're legally savvy enough, to either sue them and win, or sue them and have them settle in the form of flash release because they think they'll loose. But I would much rather find a way to legally force Adobe to always release free to download Flash plugins for all common architectures, rather than force companies to make it happen.

Yeah.. here's the thing.

Nokia is a large company that has lawyers on their payroll. Anybody that's likely to sue Nokia does not. Who's likely to win in this scenario? The only way you would even stand a chance is if you can someone get a class action lawsuit or you have a hungry enough pro bono lawyer. And even in that case Nokia is more likely to settle (which means you get a small lump sum probably less than $100) than update Flash.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
You mean it isn't included in PR1.3?
http://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/ne...ploited-102810
Wonder if Nokia could be held liable for not patching it?
How could it be included when it has been discovered AFTER PR1.3 has been released and NOT EVEN Adobe has patched it on any platform or version yet ? ("Adobe security officials said they plan to patch the Flash bug on Nov. 9"). And the 9.4 version has been on the browser feature description pages since ages. Enough with the legal Chuck Norrising, that won't help healing Flash hurts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DrWilken View Post
You must be like this guy then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmv8quf_xM

We need to be getting this leet haxor on to the job of getting us flash. He would get the job done.... probably using ping.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Thanks for the Weird Al song link. Best thing this thread has ever seen...

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
What version does the TI Flash10.1 report it's self as?

10.1.53.0?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Since Stskeeps images stopped showing up (thereby also making those posts seem completely senseless and without meaning to anyone not in the know reading them later), here's a blog that reported it that I'm guessing cloned the picture:

http://thehandheldblog.com/2010/10/0...-well-sort-of/

So it looks like no, that one reported itself as 10.1.92.8.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
among other assorted Flash vapourware. So call me unimpressed when it comes to Adobe's "confirmations".
It's not vapour ware, Adobe really have shiped Flash 10.1 (and AIR for off line running) on a variety of handsets from Android to Blackberry.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I'd like to know from Stskeeps or others who got the libflashplayer.so by TI if it allows to have Streetview images in Flash 10 on maps.google.com in the stock microb browser. This is the only use I'm interested to, even if some workarounds are available (though slower).
If the answer is yes, I'll go on waiting for the council/searching for a leak; if is no, I'll stay quietly with stock library and tweakflash.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update