Active Topics

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Just a slight update to my last post, i've done some work on the games/QBW page. Modified the Angry Birds, Airport Touch and Tower blocks icons to have no backgrounds (especially important for Tower Blocks, let's face it, the default one is awful!) and moved the icons around with drnoksnes and picodrive perched on appropriate parts of the background, and an angry bird trying to kamikaze Tux and QBW I just did some amendments to have a whole grey/ice-blue theme and also reworked the icon font from wavy to all being upper-arc writing. QBW icons themselves are 900MHz, 1GHz, general, silent, cellular strength, wifi strength, uptime and root space used.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thej80 View Post
could you please share those icons?
Those icons are from here.

Since they are all mono icons, it is easy to change their color in photoshop/gimp/whatever to suit your needs (I just use the color overlay option in layer properties in Photoshop). I change the color to suit whatever theme I am currently using. I have even used them with the Pipboy 3000 theme.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Grant For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
New com-desk with new icons =).

Meaning of icons from left to right: email, fmms, sms and addressbook. Icons are run by qbw. (please correct someone if i am using wrong terms)

-gzeng-
ps. still looking for nice icons for xterm,media,photos and file manager..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gzeng For This Useful Post:
Posts: 532 | Thanked: 949 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Uk for 6months then Thailand
Just thought I would share these . I went back to the white icons

Kind Regards Qosmio

http://s1031.photobucket.com/albums/y372/q0smio/

N900 x 2 Overclocked at 900 Mhz.
Samsung Galaxy S 2
iPhone 4 (Jailbroken)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to qosmio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland

My desktop. I just like it clean and concise and thus I've left out things like Conky which doesn't bring anything useful on it. I have a separate desktop for networked stuff, like SSH on/off, a few links, and RSS and Facebook feeds. But those are less used so that's why they're not on the main desktop.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WereCatf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
@Qosmio, et al.

Somebody should do an "ICON theme" customizer app?

Qosmio changes ICONs like some folks change their underwear!

Brilliant as ever Q!

Can someone please tell me how to get QBW to do calls etc, i see Qosmio has the 'call' icon etc, how do you do that?

Also, Qosmio, what font is that? It's immense

Last edited by richwhite; 2010-11-06 at 00:26.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
Originally Posted by WereCatf View Post

My desktop. I just like it clean and concise and thus I've left out things like Conky which doesn't bring anything useful on it. I have a separate desktop for networked stuff, like SSH on/off, a few links, and RSS and Facebook feeds. But those are less used so that's why they're not on the main desktop.
Great Screenshot , what kind of theme is it ?

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Norway
Not completly done yet, still need some more tweaks.
Got kinda bored of my Ubuntu and Alienware themes, and wanted something more "minimalistic".(Still trying to figure out how to change the PNG on Desktop Command Ex Widget, tell me if you know)

So! new theme in progress, I present : Stairway To Heaven. (lol)
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to futtawuh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by futtawuh View Post
Not completly done yet, still need some more tweaks.
Got kinda bored of my Ubuntu and Alienware themes, and wanted something more "minimalistic".(Still trying to figure out how to change the PNG on Desktop Command Ex Widget, tell me if you know)

So! new theme in progress, I present : Stairway To Heaven. (lol)
That's really good!
RE: cmd, i'd just move to QBW, much more customisable and it's the same codes so you won't have to learn anything. I was really, really overwhelmed by it at first but the basic stuff like that is easy - just 'add cmd' like you do in command execution widget, then change the actual icon presets to what you want.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:

Tags
desktop, epic thread, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, picture, pictures, screenshot, screenshots, show and tell