change the command in your qtparted.desktop file:

debbie qtparted (to run it as a user.. though this is probably useless; need root to repartition things anyway)

or

debian qtparted (to run it as root.. this is more likely to give better results)
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

And Dan... GPMC IS a fronted/gui/window whatever to MPD.. that's all Sonata, GMPC and many others are.. just "frontend's" to the mpd daemon. Mpd has no graphical implementation itself.. otherwise it wouldn't need Frontend's

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Normally in order for me setup a menu item in hildon for a debian app with an icon in my hildon menu I type in chroot the ' cp /usr/share/... ' command and then the ' vi /usr/share/applications/... ' command and the <app>.desktop command lines come up in chroot and I change the ' Exec=sudo debian hilda <app> ' and I can then put an icon in ' /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/<app>.desktop ' . Can't do that this time because no qtparted.desktop file exists to change the icon in the ' hicolor/scaleable/apps/ ' area. There is a ' qtparted.desktop ' file in ' /debian/usr/share/applications/ '. I tried changing the ' Exec= ' to ' Exec=sudo debian hilda qtparted ' and Exec=debbie qtparted ' but it doesn't work. I don't understand it.
Could it be the errror message I get in xterm when I type emelfm2 that is causing this problem? TIA

/home/user # emelfm2
/home/user/.osso/current-gtk-key-theme:1: Unable to find include file: "keybindings.rc"
bad string content

Last edited by dan; 2008-08-22 at 14:53.

Im confused.. are you running these in Maemo or in Chroot (debian)???

For the desktop you want to cp the ooo.desktop in Maemo.. not in a debian chroot.. the Maemo menu knows nothing about the .desktop icones inside the debian chroot (/debian/).. so the path you posted "/debian/usr/share/applications/" has nothing to do with the Maemo menu items..

You want to run the cp /usr/share/applications/hildon/ooo.desktop /usr/share/applications/hildon/qtdesktop.desktop from inside NORMAL XTERM in maemo.. not inside the Debian Chroot.. Debian chroot doesn't have; nor does it care; about a hildon subdirectory.

Also.. might modify your post to only showing the first error and say the same thing repeats 50 times.. no need for all that mess when it's the same error over and over. But if that emelfm2 was run inside debian then that means your icon cache in debian is messed up.. not in maemo - you were supposed to run the icon cache update inside maemo after adding the .png image file to right path; in maemo..

Anything to do with your maemo menu is done through Xterm in maemo.. anything to do with your debian applications would be done inside Debian Chroot..

I think you might be running commands meant for one in the other and are getting yourself more unstable by the minute...

Can you or someone do me a favor and see if in ' /usr/share/icons/hicolor/ ' There is a file with the name ' icon-theme.cache ' and if there is anything in it. Mine is empty. Maybe I just need to delete this file? I do have in that path a file called ' index.theme ' and it has loads of information about icons. I'm thinking that ' icon-theme.cache ' is a bogus file ' create when I did the ' gtk ' command that BrentDC (not blaming you bro)gave me in an earlier post. Any ideas? TIA

I have been going through Maemo. Just typo,
I rebooted and it fixed itself. Go figure. I've got to learn more and faster. Thanks.

Edit: If someone wants to go through Hildon on an app like gparted or qtparted add the following line to
' Exec=sudo debian <your app-qtparted or gparted> /dev/mmcblko /dev/mmcblk1 '. Hope this helps another lost soul in Hildon/Debian code hell.
Thanks guys for all your help. Anyone check that file for me? TIA

Last edited by dan; 2008-08-22 at 14:52.

I assume you mean in Debian?? Then yes.. I have a lot of folders inside there in debian.

And maemo for that matter.. I just checked both.. they both have a lot of folders and a icon-theme.cache.

Again the command BrentDC gave you, IIRC, was meant to be run inside Maemo - not inside Debian... it was meant to update your Maemo icon cache so that the desktop file will know the name of your graphic for the menu item.

QTParted looks as powerful as Emelfm2. I wonder if I can make a mirror copy of my mmc2 sdhc card with the partitions, files, apps, etc... This would be the holy grail for me.
Thanks Fatalsaint. I have been going through Hildon xterm for BrentDC command. I'm wondering if something is wrong with my custom icons? Where can I get Icons for each of these apps?? Any good source? TIA

Fatalsaint would the following command fix my gtk problem in above post??
' gtk-update-icon-cache -f -t /usr/share/icons/hicolor '
TIA

It's possible.. though I am not sure what that -t is for... and isn't that the same command Brent had you run?

Tags
debian, deblet, easy debian