Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Please Help !
It's my first time for using USB host mode...
After connecting I can see and play files on my SD card by card reader - no problem..
But when I tried to transfer this files to the phone - it's failed all the time... it's procure 10-20% and stops, card reader shuts down.. something like auto unmount.. I tried with another card reader - the same result. Restart the phone did not help...
After that I tried to transfer from SD card to memory card on the phone (it's the first time I put memory card in my phone..), transfer succeeded. Here reveals a new problem..
When I tried to move the file from a memory card in to the phone to one of the folders in MyDocs - I got a message that "you don't have permission, the file system read-only!"..
I was in shock.. I tried to transfer files in MyDocs from one folder to another and I got the same message... and again, restart the phone did not help...
All this stuff I tried with default file manager and with FileBox...
Now I can not do anything with the files - not copy, not move... only running..
What can I do? How I can change this permission ?
Thanks
Unmount MyDocs partition and fsck it. Or remount it read-write like:

mount -o remount,rw /home/user/MyDocs

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Thanks, it's helped..
But when I again tried to transfer file by FileBox, the filebox is stoped and freezed, after restart I got a new look of FileBox (see pic)
After this I tried to transfer with default file manager and it's worked fine. Movie 1.4GB - 3 min, 2.5GB - 4-5 min...
I tried to uninstall and reinstall the FileBox, but it's still with this bad look...
I tried again to transfer by FileBox and again it's stoped work and freezed... I think the problem in FileBox..
Any ideas to fix this ?
Thanks
Attached Images

ok.. after "big" reboot, the filebox is loaded correctly..
I think about two things why the filebox not worked:
1) The filebox not like and can't work with usb host mode..
2) The filebox work with root access, and this not compatible to work with usb host mode..

Someone, any ideas ? or why filebox crashed when his work with usb host mode..
Thanks

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
ok.. after "big" reboot, the filebox is loaded correctly..
I think about two things why the filebox not worked:
1) The filebox not like and can't work with usb host mode..
2) The filebox work with root access, and this not compatible to work with usb host mode..

Someone, any ideas ? or why filebox crashed when his work with usb host mode..
Thanks
filebox shouldn't even notice it's USB hostmode. That's some other problem unrelated to hostmode, rather it's maybe the filesystem on your memstick that is confusing filebox, or whatever.

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Thanks..
Today I tried again to transfer the movie from my disk on key to the phone with default file manager and again it's crashed...
Don't know why...

From reading the last 19 pages it seems hostmode is working rather well, It looks like most of the issues are user error and not understanding how linux works.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by andyt12 View Post
From reading the last 19 pages it seems hostmode is working rather well, It looks like most of the issues are user error and not understanding how linux works.
do you know what error I'm making?

when I try to connect a usb mouse or flash drive sometimes nothing happens and sometimes it says:
"can't mount filesystem" (or something like that, it's translated)

dmesg shows:
... new full speed USB device using musb_hdrc ...

and after that a couple of lines like these:
usb 1-1: khubd timed out on ep0out len=0/0
usb 1-1: khubd timed out on ep0out len=0/64

I've tried different speeds, does anybody know what's wrong here?
ps:
the lights on my flash disk and mouse don't light up

Last edited by ahbarnasha; 2011-03-25 at 18:30.

@ahbarnasha: for USB drive, sometime I have to select umount and then mount again to make it work. Also please note that it was said that you may need to wait for sometime(may be upto 1min.; I don't remember the recommended time) for the system to sort out everything.

In any case, did the log report the name of the manufacturer and product for your USB drive or mouse, if it does then the good news is that h.e.n. is most likely working as design; and the bad news is that there are issue with drivers or other thing in play that is causing you the problem.

good luck,
cheers,

when I try to connect a usb mouse or flash drive sometimes nothing happens and sometimes it says:
"can't connect, no filesystem"

dmesg shows:
... new full speed USB device using musb_hdrc ...

Kernel Message:
usb 1-1: khubd timed out on ep0out len=0/0

I cannot see the pen drive listed on the file manager, but shown in Xarchiver - however while I try to open the pen drive - error: Failed to execute child process "gnome-mount" (no such file or dir)

pls help..

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by cheve View Post
@ahbarnasha: for USB drive, sometime I have to select umount and then mount again to make it work. Also please note that it was said that you may need to wait for sometime(may be upto 1min.; I don't remember the recommended time) for the system to sort out everything.

In any case, did the log report the name of the manufacturer and product for your USB drive or mouse, if it does then the good news is that h.e.n. is most likely working as design; and the bad news is that there are issue with drivers or other thing in play that is causing you the problem.

good luck,
cheers,
Hi,

I tried again with my mouse, the manufacurer doesn't show.
when I wait a while it fails to connect and tries again and again.
dmesg shows:
[41385.422760] usb 1-1: device descriptor read/64, error -110

and sometimes a warning with a large trace (I attached one)
then it starts over..

I hope you can help, thanks anyway.
Attached Files
File Type: txt warning.txt (2.6 KB, 131 views)

Tags
awesome!, bada rox, h-e-n hostmode, more noise