Active Topics

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Ukraine
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Code:
poweroff -d 0
from root(sudo gainroot) or user?

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
As root. User will not find poweroff as it is in $PATH only for root.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by badazimer View Post
from root(sudo gainroot) or user?
after:
sudo gainroot
poweroff -d 0
device rebooted. Same problem.

Have this problem with kernel-power51/52 + CSSU+Thumb. Reistalling OS is not a decision - problem remained.
Help!
Let me ask this, as language may be a problem: "Reistalling OS is not a decision - problem remained" by this you mean, it did not solve the problem, right?

But, if you reflash and test before installing kernel-power, CSSU or ANYTHING else, does the device behave properly? In other words, the problems you have, including that with blessn900) are definitely related to k-p52 and CSSU.

This is not clear from what you have written.

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Trust me it is kernel power related - I checked it out. Remove kp and all problems will go (also several user confirmed this in the past). And I never got rid of this issue - only if I removed kp.

The Following User Says Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
Trust me it is kernel power related - I checked it out. Remove kp and all problems will go (also several user confirmed this in the past). And I never got rid of this issue - only if I removed kp.
But what are we talking about here? If I refer back to your earlier posting I am unsure: 1) the not rebooting on demand issue that you mention and I thought badazimer meant; or 2) the symptoms he later clarified, namely it sometimes shuts down as meant to but it sometimes reboots instead? Do you mean 1) or 2) or both?

Let me ask this, as language may be a problem: "Reistalling OS is not a decision - problem remained" by this you mean, it did not solve the problem, right?

But, if you reflash and test before installing kernel-power, CSSU or ANYTHING else, does the device behave properly? In other words, the problems you have, including that with blessn900) are definitely related to k-p52 and CSSU.

This is not clear from what you have written.
Yes. If I reistall OS - problem is solved. After installed KP + CSSU-thumb - problem returned. May be anybody had this problem & solved?

P.S.: sorry for my bad english - I studing

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badazimer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
I agree, but didnt do this - I need usb-host & 720p-recording. Also I use d-bus scripts to automatic change CPU frequency when lock/unlock device. I need kernel-power & I cant uninstall it

Yes. If I reistall OS - problem is solved. After installed KP + CSSU-thumb - problem returned.
OK, now it is very clear. The willi6868's response to my posting will help and perhaps a search of the forum to see what issues folk have with k-p.

But any problems are not easily resolvable, that much is clear. Funny thing is device behaviour can vary. Before my last reflash with k-p, CSSU-Testing my n900 would not reboot on demand. Now with k-p, CSSU-Thumb it does.

OK, now it is very clear. The willi6868's response to my posting will help and perhaps a search of the forum to see what issues folk have with k-p.

But any problems are not easily resolvable, that much is clear. Funny thing is device behaviour can vary. Before my last reflash with k-p, CSSU-Testing my n900 would not reboot on demand. Now with k-p, CSSU-Thumb it does.
Thanks, i will try to find the decision

Tags
kernel-power, kernel-power52, power key, rebooting, shutdown