Active Topics

Notices

Try using .wavs instead of .mp3. I found that it speeds it up.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Try using .wavs instead of .mp3. I found that it speeds it up.
I tried the WAV and AAC files - same result, a big delay... It's takes about 3-4 rings before the phone is start ringing...

Are you counting rings by calling from another phone number? I found that's not a reliable indicator in when your phone will start ringing (I've had huge differences from whether I tested using my home phone number or my sister's cell on Sprint). Tests with my fiancee (who's on the same network) resulted in her saying there was no difference when I used a custom ringtone or when I didn't have this installed.

But of course that all changes when the system is under heavy load (games, anything that heavily uses I/O like Gpodder).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I tried with my home phone and cellphone of my wife (same operator) = same result (delay) on the default and the custom ringtone. And my phone is completely under load (not games, nothing...)

Wait by default do you mean without this installed? If you have the same amount of delay in default (no custom ringtones installed) and with a custom ringtone then what's the problem (besides your ringtone being slow on the N900 in general).

Though if we're going by rings I've found that my N900 starts ringing (in both default and custom) after 2-3 rings heard from the test phone I call with. This means I can see the person's picture come up with the call response options. It seems for the first two rings though nothing happens on the N900 (I can use it as usual).

No... I mean the "default" ringtone that I added to all people before installation "Custom ring..." app, is worked without delay. But after installation I get delay on the all calls (on default and on the custom from specific people)....

any solutions to this ?

Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Big delay herd also. Nice integration but the application needs alot to be usefull. Now it can not be used. As I said to the author I will buy it if it will work like the default ringing application of the phone: 0 seconds delay!

A more important issue than the delay for me is that, by default, you can mute the phone by putting it face down, whether if it's an incoming call, or alarm. But when this app is installed this function doesn't work. If this is fixed, it's AWESOME and Kudos to the developer.

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
I've just removed it, and everything is ok now! :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to taril For This Useful Post: