Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
From first hand experience I say UK version works in NL.

Pharm....Can't thank you enough! I am visiting the UK in December, my daughter is studying in Aberdeen so I will LOVE having this to play with on my 770/800. Even with the extra postage to the U.S. it is substantially cheaper than I can find it for here in the states. Many thanks for the tip!
frank weir

Just got one from expansys-usa.com for $29.28 shipped for my n810, keep fingers crossed to see how this works out...

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
Does it only include Northern Europe maps? Can you download the US maps from somewhere?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
You can get it from US, $45 include shipment, https://www.expansys-usa.com/checkoutcomplete.aspx

Or, if you use your uk discount coupon at the us store, it will then be $29!

Or from UK, https://www.expansys.com/checkoutcomplete.aspx, for UKP31. Get a discount coupon for 10 UKP, thread #9, see previous thread and bring the cost down to ukp21, which I just paid $31.

According to prev thread, thread #4, yes, you may be able to dl US map, hopefully.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-11-13 at 22:28.

The coupon works for the USA site as well, but the confirmation email I received didn't show the coupon being applied...

I was about to try, you beat me .

However, I ordered from UK, VAT is removed, so the final billing is UKP16, about $26. I am $3 ahead of the game. Yup.

Edit: I just tried. Yes, the UK discount code also works for the US, that will bring the cost down to $29. I think this is better as I am afraid order from UK will need to get an adapter for the plug. $29 for 3 yr license, even if you ignore the rest of the stuff.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-11-13 at 22:50.

Just an FYI:

If you are buying the Navkit from expansys for the Navicore license to use with your tablets map application from Wayfinder it will NOT work in the US, Canada, etc. It will only work in Northern Europe.

Again, it will NOT work for the US. It will give you a license for Northern Europe and will only work for Northern Europe. You will still need to buy a license from Wayfinder if you plan on using your tablets map application for voice guided GPS anywhere outside of Northern Europe.

The actual kit is for a N770, so the mobile holder is a CR-81. It won't fit a N800 or N810.

The title is actually deceiving as it reads "Nokia Navigation kit for 770/ N800"

jbk

Originally Posted by mmzymxf View Post
The coupon works for the USA site as well, but the confirmation email I received didn't show the coupon being applied...
I called them up. They said the coupon is for US$10, that brings the price down to $34 and that will reflect upon shipping. So, order from the UK still beat you by $8. However, the 3 yr license probably wont work . Still, it is a good deal for the Nokia user.

bun

I tried the uk site, but the shipping asked for UKP20 or something which scared me, why? why? why???