Active Topics

You're such a 'wee lick', that Kathy with the bears!

I don't hate my n900 by any means, but a few things I wish it had are:

.a compass
.java
.a way to delete emails from the list without having to open them first
.Sky player app or a way to connect to vodafone mobile TV
.related to Maemo, much more extensive developer documentation

If I had these there would be jizz all over my face, rather than a feeling of "yeah.. meh".

For those under 18, jizz is another word for a satisfied smile

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-02-01 at 19:31.

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I hate the amount of time it takes up. The hours I spend on tmo, the time wasted chatting to new friends on twitter, the way an hour of IRC has become almost a ritual at bedtime.

I hate the fact that even when I force myself offline, I'm playing games, watching videos, listening to music. A good PDA is supposed to make the owner more productive: n900 has failed miserably and has almost taken over my life because I love it so much. I've even stopped thinking about men - I dream about n900.

Who will rid me of this turbulent device?

(I mildly dislike having to set the alarm to 'none' on every entry)
There are ****ing IRC clients for this baby?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I hate the way that Ovi maps and the camera app pop up the network connection dialog two or three times in close succession and then do it again a minute or two later if you don't connect to a network.

Seriously, i open the camera lens cover and have to close a dialog twice before i can take a photo, and do the same to see the Ovi Maps screen when an important turn is coming up.

Most times i've seen this kind of complaint come up, the response has been that it is assumed one has a data connection if they have an N900. Say, what? Just because i want a mobile computer that happens to also be my phone doesn't mean i want to pay $20+ a month for a data plan when i have wifi in the places i need network access.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
You're such a 'wee lick', Kathy with the bears!

I don't hate my n900 by any means, but a few things I wish it had are:

.a compass
.java
.Sky player app or a way to connect to vodafone mobile TV
.related to Maemo, much more extensive developer documentation

If I had these there would be jizz all over my face, rather than a feeling of "yeah.. meh".

For those under 18, jizz is another word for a satisfied smile
I think people under 18 are very well accustomed with jizz and/or human anatomy

I hate the fact that I have access to Flash based websites, but can not access the streaming media content via the Flash based players (sling.com, xmradio online).

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
I hate that:

1) it is difficult to use one handed functions with one hand like: pause and play media, and the phone. (there are lots of applications where I expect to use 2 hands, but want to use one when it is appropriate.)

2) I cant use task descriptions!

3) I hate that my phone always connects via Blue-tooth when I come into the office - I only want to sync via cable and blue-tooth to stay idle unless called for by me. - removing blue-tooth from Nokia PC suite does nothing.

4) I hate that I don't get a full day of battery if I use the GPS or media player excessively. (i cant make the technology shift if the device can leave me standard - like battery flat sorry back to .0)

oh yes and I hate that fact that there is no work online for Ovi Maps, I cant stand the dialogue piping up all the time requesting a connection, if there is one thing that will case an accident its trying to get back to the map while driving with my phone off-line.

Last edited by timwatt; 2010-02-01 at 19:34.

I hate, apserlutely nothing about the n900 itself,

I hate that some peoples experience with the device hasn't been too good.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catacylsm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by trohax View Post
I think people under 18 are very well accustomed with jizz and/or human anatomy
That, and somebody has bad aim...or "different tastes". But like I always say, "as long as you're happy, and you ain't hurtin' nobody".

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sorocaba, Brasil
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Humm, I don't believe you are really deleting them one by one, are you? ;-)

Ok, what about, while in list window, app menu --> Delete mails --> mark all mails from the list you want to be delete --> Click button Delete

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dalonso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
I hate the fact that:

1) I can't sms with one hand - come on Nokia for gods sake sort it out. Portrait mode sms is a MUST.

2) I spend too much time on it

Tags
hate is for the, powerless