It's wonderful to see all of these patches to the hildon-desktop but am I the only one concerned about fragmentation from all of these various forks?

It would be nice if there was a centralized community-driven hildon-desktop that contains all of the available patches (configurable of course) from the various community members.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dannycamps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Didn't check if it works. But it compiled without errors.

[added]Ok it does work. Make sure to install from console.

[added] Second file is two in one. Two column task switcher + menu

Thanks for the super patches, thp.
Hi Aligarto,

not sure if i did anything wrong but when I install the 2 n 1 .deb you posted I get the 2 column task switcher but not the 2nd menu patch?

Originally Posted by xenomorph72 View Post
Hi Aligarto,

not sure if i did anything wrong but when I install the 2 n 1 .deb you posted I get the 2 column task switcher but not the 2nd menu patch?
It's working. Icons are separated into groups. it's a work in progress patch.

What this patch is missing right now is a modification of TidyFingerScroll to add another scroll mode (in addition to PUSH and KINETIC) that makes the scroller "snap" into pages (like the iPhone springboard or the MeeGo launcher). I did not have much time to look into this, but a Clutter wizard should have no problem implementing this. I'm thankful for any help there

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by dannycamps View Post
It would be nice if there was a centralized community-driven hildon-desktop that contains all of the available patches (configurable of course) from the various community members.
I second this.

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
I second this too.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bangalore
can anyone please suggest me how to uninstall

thanks