Active Topics

Notices

Benson LOL. It was late, I was lonely, she appeared with a smile and that's the last I remember.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Its a great application but the previous version sometimes started to use 100% CPU and I couldn't figure out why. Besides that I decided to quit using it because the flickering drives me nutty. I would like to use e.g. htop instead but it uses function keys and the terminal isn't wide enough. But, thanks for the hard work!!

Flickering gone when I set refresh to 25 instead of 5. Thanks Bun. Font size at 13 is much more readable. Great work again qwerty and thanks for help with rotation(BTW your email is full).

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Its a great application but the previous version sometimes started to use 100% CPU and I couldn't figure out why. Besides that I decided to quit using it because the flickering drives me nutty. I would like to use e.g. htop instead but it uses function keys and the terminal isn't wide enough. But, thanks for the hard work!!
Hmm, never had 100% CPU here, maybe because it was executing commands :/, but I agree, that flickering is annoying. I can't figure out why matchbox doesn't like double buffer, with double buffer, it doesn't flicker but matchbox goes white.

Originally Posted by dan View Post
Flickering gone when I set refresh to 25 instead of 5. Thanks Bun. Font size at 13 is much more readable. Great work again qwerty and thanks for help with rotation(BTW your email is full).
can you tell me how can i set to 25?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by therock_80 View Post
can you tell me how can i set to 25?
"I use emelfm2 and edit the file /Home/User/.conkyrc
change refresh from 5.0 to 185.0
font size from 12 to 13
"

You have to to edit the file /Home/User/.conkyrc, open the file and scroll down to see refresh=5.0, and change that to refresh to 25. Using emelfm2 will allow you edit on the spot. If not, you can edit it with your favorite editor, vi, leafpad etc.

bun

thanks.
is that 25 second to refresh..or never refresh..?

thanks.
is that 25 second to refresh..or never refresh..?
The default is 5 s and so it flickers. Dan use 25 s. and said the problem is bearable. I use 185 s, which is about 3 min. I dont think the way I use the tablet will have anything change so ofter that needs to be refresh every 2-3 min. And yes, there is NO flicker fo 185s. You may want to experiment yourself.

bun

i just did and understand .thanks
do u think does this flicker cause any damage to the tablet because the frequency this program read hardware infos

i just did and understand .thanks
do u think does this flicker cause any damage to the tablet because the frequency this program read hardware infos
That is a very good question and I do not have answer. It is very true all light bulb dies upon turning on and off, the more on/off, the shorter the life of the light bulb. I only have concern on the video, I do not think reading the hardware too often will cause any consequence to the tablet, the video flickering also seems very harmless otherthen the bookknowledge of analog to lightbulb flickering, it just annoying though.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-08-28 at 01:07.

Tags
conky, monitor, system