Active Topics

Notices

Does anyone know how to get an Icon to show up in Control Panel->Panels->Status Bar-> ? Right now it is just blank.

Thanks.

Hello all!

I released a new version of Quick Clip, see the first post in this thread for the updated .deb file.

New in this release:

-Added manual entry capability
-Added Backup integration (so now when you backup, your Quick Clip files are backed up too)
-Minor Bug fixes

Please let me know how the new features work!

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
A great app! I can't wait for the ability to preserve hyperlinks. Might a future version save the clipping to an html file?

As for highlighting text, if you have this tweak installed, you can double click at the start of your desired text, then scroll down with d-pad as far as you want, and then copy.

The Following User Says Thank You to lm2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
im not sure how any of those tweaks should have the effect your claiming...

Let me help you be sure.

When I want to copy a lot of text--including text that is below the bottom of the screen (i.e. not yet visible)--I have to double-tap on visible text and drag stylus down to bottom of the screen. Sometimes it can take a while to scroll all the way to the end of the text I want to highlight. And sometimes the darn thing just doesn't scroll, so I never get to see the text that's not yet visible.

But with the d-pad tweak active, I just double-tap, and then scroll down with d-pad. This results in large portions of text being highlighted without my having to drag the stylus at all. Text is highlighted simply because I scrolled using the d-pad.

That make sense?

so basically you doubletap, then while holding the stylus pressed against the screen you scroll with the dpad to select the text you want?

Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
A great app! I can't wait for the ability to preserve hyperlinks. Might a future version save the clipping to an html file?
I was thinking of adding the ability to save into different formats, HTML, Nokia Notes (which is like HTML), etc., but my idea was to copy the plain-text from a selection then formatting it into HTML -- not directly taking "rich text" from selection/input. So, copying a link in the browser wouldn't transfer that directly into a file but act much as it did now...

(I hope that made sense).

So, if I were to add a feature like that, it would probably be well in the future because it is more complicated.

The Following User Says Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tso View Post
so basically you doubletap, then while holding the stylus pressed against the screen you scroll with the dpad to select the text you want?
Precisely.

ah, i was hoping for something a bit more like "double tap, and with no stylus contact with screen, use dpad to mark wanted text as if using shift and arrow keys".

Originally Posted by tso View Post
ah, i was hoping for something a bit more like "double tap, and with no stylus contact with screen, use dpad to mark wanted text as if using shift and arrow keys".
Yeah, that'd be nice. Sorry to mislead.

Tags
announcement, python, quick clip, statusbar