Active Topics

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
700MB via 3g. I have no real idea, that was from a phonebill.

but I don't need to have an idea, I have a flatrate.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I've used mine excessively for me for three weeks... and managed a total of under 75mb. That's collecting email, reading webpages and mauku .

I don't d/l software unless I'm at home (wifi) and I'm not a huge youtube fan. I'm also naturally cautious, so have been monitoring it. Might use a bit more next month now I feel a bit less scared about it.
You non users make us leechers monitor our data usage!
Let me explain if you have no idea what I'm talking about
Most providers in the Netherlands have a FUP of 10 times the ''average'' use.
Personally I find it hard NOT to stream at least a GB or two. But that's maybe because of streaming radio and TV.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Arif View Post
You non users make us leechers monitor our data usage!
Let me explain if you have no idea what I'm talking about
Most providers in the Netherlands have a FUP of 10 times the ''average'' use.
Personally I find it hard NOT to stream at least a GB or two. But that's maybe because of streaming radio and TV.
In the UK, you can'tr *get* mnore than 500mb unless you take out a business contract at megabucks. Over the 500 you start paying by the mb, so we're careful. I've never actually used more than about 10mb in a month beore, so this is 'excessive' for me!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I used my 5gb data plan quite extensively with being online all day long at work (we are not allowed to use the company's wifi for our mobile phones) and right now I am sitting at 481mb for 3 weeks.

with extensively I mean: downloaded a few vids with +50mb, had skype/msn available for most of the time, did extensive website browsing just to test everything out.

If I subtract the videos I've downloaded I am sitting at a nice 249mb down and 17mb upstream.

I guess you'll do just fine with 500mb as this is my first month with my new toy, so I'd say the data usage will drop a little after a while

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
700MB via 3g...
That is unbelievably low!
A very rough calculation, is about 4 MB per website (some website use a lot of flash could be problem), that goes to less than 180 website surf in a month, without dl, maps, streaming. Again, a very rough calculation. I would greatly appreciate if you would shed some details about your use in a average day? Even a rough estimate would help.

If it is your privacy and do not want to answer, I can understand that. I am also shopping for a monthly cap per month internet use. TIA,

Edit: I could be totally off, reading rapante's post above me, he is 'all day use' with streaming and dl is only 481MB in 3 weeks. May be visiting the same web site/cache kicks in, so it is not a straight addition business?

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-12-18 at 13:41.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
A very rough calculation, is about 4 MB per website (some website use a lot of flash could be problem),
Just because your phone has a proper browser, doesn't stop you using the mobile versions of their sites, such as the BBC, which have much smaller page sizes.

I used to get through about ten or 20 meg a month on my P990, web browsing, and a little bit of email, so expect the 500 gig allowance to last well, esp. as I switch to wifi at home.

The Following User Says Thank You to tomchiverton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
In the UK, you can'tr *get* mnore than 500mb unless you take out a business contract at megabucks. Over the 500 you start paying by the mb, so we're careful. I've never actually used more than about 10mb in a month beore, so this is 'excessive' for me!
Oh. Wow...Considering my PC streams my TV channels at 112KByte/s I'd go through that in 76 minutes!

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
That is unbelievably low!
A very rough calculation, is about 4 MB per website (some website use a lot of flash could be problem), that goes to less than 180 website surf in a month, without dl, maps, streaming. Again, a very rough calculation. I would greatly appreciate if you would shed some details about your use in a average day? Even a rough estimate would help.

If it is your privacy and do not want to answer, I can understand that. I am also shopping for a monthly cap per month internet use. TIA,

Edit: I could be totally off, reading rapante's post above me, he is 'all day use' with streaming and dl is only 481MB in 3 weeks. May be visiting the same web site/cache kicks in, so it is not a straight addition business?

bun
my n900 has been in service for 2 weeks.... and I had it errr... exactly 2 weeks. so I quess that it could be 300-500mb for n900 and the rest for my e71. and with n900 there was a huge difference wlan vs 3g so i used wlan @ home. with e71 there was no use using wlan because the speed was about the same anyway.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
In one month, I've used 10 MB on EDGE, upload and download combined.

As you might guess, I'm almost always on WiFi.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
... *having a major flip out* ... um, I've had my phone a week ... and I've used 468.2MB of my 500MB fair usage from this month ... I'm rarely able to connect to a wifi network (have a Vodafone 3GB dongle for my computer) and am pretty much tied to 3G ... how on earth can they possibly think that 500MB is enough for "unlimited" fair usage in a month ... I'd be happy with a big reduction in my free minutes, but vodafone only have one dataplan so I'm stuck with their idea of fair usage, not my idea of what I need ...