oh Nokia is spending money :P

Originally Posted by marktold View Post
How about Nokia participates

OVI Support for N900 :-)
Turn by Turn Navigatin :-)

Regads Markus
I think this is a WIP

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
The backup app we currently have does not give a file that can be used to flash the N900 back to the point of taking the backup in any way or form as it only backs up certain elements and not the whole system..
But again.. what's the purpose of a "flashable" image if the restore from the built-in app provides everything you need? So that we have 2 ways to backup?

I have had to flash my phone a few times... and have not (personally) noticed anything missing after doing a restore.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
I think this is a WIP
I actually thought they had confirmed Turn by Turn wasn't coming??..

Maybe that was voice.. I thought we had turn by turn already?

Personally, I think an app that integrates social networks. For instance, DMs and facebook messages come as text messages

Personally, I think an app that integrates social networks. For instance, DMs and facebook messages come as text messages
This I would love to see... I hate having 5 different IM windows for a single contact depending on what network they came from. I know it's easy to see what came from where.. but I'd personally rather my entire communication with an individual be showed in a single screen. Hell.. even adding email would be a kicker.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I actually thought they had confirmed Turn by Turn wasn't coming??..

Maybe that was voice.. I thought we had turn by turn already?
They said they were working on bringing OVI services to the n900

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
But again.. what's the purpose of a "flashable" image if the restore from the built-in app provides everything you need? So that we have 2 ways to backup?

I have had to flash my phone a few times... and have not (personally) noticed anything missing after doing a restore.
Because the N900 is involved primarily for development and the way you suggest for backup can sometimes not only be long winded but elements are in fact lost due to eMMC restore AND when someone self creates a looping os stopping the device to start up then a simple one file flash that restores everything would be a much quicker and simpler way to get back to a known working point, taking the worry and frustration out of installing apps developed for testing that do in fact screw up the os for whatever reason.
So it does make sense to be able to produce a flash-able image to pc by a proper backup application, not one that only takes "snippets" from your os.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
That would be impossible to do without the site you want the messages from being capable of sending them as a txt message in the first place to the number of the device you want it to arrive.