Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
Originally Posted by jvanhou View Post
The respondent did say that if there was a technical problem with a paid-for version of Mobile Maps, they would refund the purchase. Not exactly sure what would qualify as such, but I'm sure "I didn't like it" wouldn't get my money back.

I'll keep waiting for the QT port of Ovi Maps, along with waiting for the Buffalo Bills to win the Super Bowl, and delivery of my cold-fusion battery pack for my N900...
This man speaks the truth! I think Cold-Fusion Batteries and Ovi Maps have a better chance than the Bills. lol. But I must say I've been so envious and frustrated since the announcement of the free turn-by-turn Ovi Maps and free offline maps because American N900 owners got screwed over for both. We never got the free turn-by-turn and they didn't actually give the free offline map coverage to any US users(even with Symbian). And they also don't give us push mail for Ovi Mail or even Ovi Messaging, but we'll save that for another time.

I'm not even asking Nokia for the world or anything, just give me locally specific(country wide is all I'd ask for) turn-by-turn navigation, because I really do like setup of our current Ovi Maps, I just want the voice part added on.

And Sygic really does seem to have a good product on it's hands, but I really can't justify the 40 price when Google offers a very similar product(I'm not going to argue additional features, but they ARE Google) for free to most devices(Android and non-Android). Brand recognition doesn't usually matter to me, but I can't exactly validate how accurate Sygic's maps are without being about to use their maps(gasp! This matters to people Sygic!)! I don't quite get why they even wasted the time making the demo. Why would I want to view the GUI for 7 days with no operability? What good is a map that can't be read?

I would like to make the N900 my "one and only" for everything, but it looks like my TomTom will still have to get that occasional charge every once again until this changes.

Thanks so much for the info!

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

You can't find a decent demo of it on youtube?

Hi,
I was just wondering what is the latest Europe map version for our n900? I have sygic mobile maps 10,version 8.24. Is this the latest version with the latest map? Can I update my sygic with the latest maps? Thanks in advance
Bets regards to you all,
Miro

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
you have the latest version published

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Not sure how topical this is but... Has anyone had Sygic working in CSSU? I haven't tried before the upgrade so I don't even know it works in vanilla Maemo. This is the standard installation from the - astonishingly still alive - official Sygic repository (it says 8.1.1, despite other people referring to newer versions), no maps yet. It starts up but shuts down almost instantly.

Thanks for answering.

I just remebered one thing and had to ask. So our maps in Sygic canīt be updated?So the sygic map that came out for 2012 can not replace our older? Also why is sygic trying to connect to internet when I am using it?Is it to get trafic information or what? At the moment is Sygic the best internet-off navigation system that n900 can offer? Thanks!

Originally Posted by samipower View Post
you have the latest version published

Last edited by miroslav_s; 2012-10-08 at 07:42.

I have Sygic running on my N900 with North American maps on CSSU. When I check the Settings>About page, it says I have version 8.16.

I installed Sygic before CSSU came out though if that makes any difference.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by ashyu View Post
I have Sygic running on my N900 with North American maps on CSSU. When I check the Settings>About page, it says I have version 8.16.
I don't get as far as the About page. It starts up and spins a whelel in the taskbar for a few seconds, then it shuts down. If I don't have netwok positioning enabled (which I normally don't), then it gets as far as asking me to enable it, and then it shuts down. The 8.1.1 in my post comes from what FAM shows in "basic info".

I installed Sygic before CSSU came out though if that makes any difference.
It might.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Settings -> About says Version: 8.24

And I'm also running CSSU testing (but had MM10 installed before) and everything is working fine (with or without network positioning enabled)
My latest working maps are all dated 31.03.2011 (TA.2011.03)

Cheers,

J4ZZ

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

Hi,
I was just wondering how you check what version of Sygic map you have. When I check what map I have and I have Europe all I can read from sygic is "Europe". It does not say what version it is. Thanks.
I am running Sygic MM10 v 8.24. Also have CSSU installed

Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
Settings -> About says Version: 8.24

And I'm also running CSSU testing (but had MM10 installed before) and everything is working fine (with or without network positioning enabled)
My latest working maps are all dated 31.03.2011 (TA.2011.03)

Cheers,

J4ZZ